Tuesday Delaware 6th 3:30 EDT More Trainer info!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
6th race mdn $40k 3 you up 1 mile 70 yards

#3 SPIN ZONE, 7/2

Hobby's most expensive horse in his stable right now. Rick Porter( Fox Hill Farms), put him with Hobby and not LJ. Don't know why, maybe he thought LJ had enough already. Was ready to fire at OP but Hobby held him back. This is his second start and the son of Candy Ride/Harve de Grace stretches out to preferred distance. Any improvement here puts this one on the way to breaking maiden second out. Hobby thinks this one is spotted well against alot of firsters and some who have problems. Also, and more importantly, Hobby has put this one out to his best clients/owners for a wager, so I would expect 2-1 at best. Hobby says there is only one other in here who merits a look, and a good look:

#5 CHARLIES SWELL, 2-1

Zito horse got beat by a neck in last to Gaither Draw, who came back to win again yesterday for Hobby. Hobby thinks that Spin Zone is better than Gaither Draw, so he's calling a stone cold exacta

3---5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, especially Hobby!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Nice, thank you.
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    #5 CHARLIES SWELL, 2-1

Zito horse got beat by a neck in last to Gaither Draw, who came back to win again yesterday for Hobby. Hobby thinks that Spin Zone is better than Gaither Draw, so he's calling a stone cold exacta

This is interesting. Charlies Swell has gotten the lead in the stretch and then been run down in 4 of his 6 lifetime races. As such, prior to yesterday I would have downgraded Gaither Draw's maiden win just a bit, as, though he got the worst of it in terms of the setup, he came again beating CS. But GD came back strong yesterday and maybe CS isn't as much of a hanger as one would think. Certainly, he's a must use for second.

If the 3 lives up to his trainer's expectations, then the race is simple: 3 / 5. If the 3 doesn't run, then the race becomes very interesting, as, given the 5's unwillingness, to this point, to win, the 2,7, and 8 become viable.
    edited June 2011
    The race actually goes @ 3:30 Eastern; just changed it up top.

I looked at the replay on Spin Zone, and thought he look pretty decent. He appeared top break a bit slow, then showed some decent acceleration up the backstretch while moving closer without being rushed. What most caught my eye though was that after he came wie into the loane, he was shifting around a good little bit, and appeared poised to launch a rally, but then he somehow ducked inward, right back in behind the leading group again. Then he continued shitfting around a bit all thbe way to the wire. Very, very green performance, and plenty of room for improvementy, i think. I also agree that he may like the extra distance, as he didn't really appear to be tiring much at all, and he also might not be the quickest sort in the world to begin with. Seems very likely to improve today, i think.

Btw, i went to the Fox Hill Farm website to see if i could pick up any further info, and i saw an interesting post from the moderator (Victoria?) on their forum. It doesn't relate to Spin Zone, and it's totally for future reference, so i'll post it in different thread.
    edited June 2011
    Btw, Spin Zone is a half-brother to the Baffert stakes winner Concord Point, who stretched out pretty nicely.