Delaware 8th--Wednesday--No Trainer Info!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Delaware 8th-- 4:24 EDT
alw $38k n2x 3 yo & up 1 mile 70 yards TURF

Yesterday's pick, Spin Zone, ran greenly and it appears that Hobby has ruined another one. This turf race today features alot of first time turf runners attempting to do something they've never done. Some may like it and some may not. I'm gambling that there is one in here who will benefit the most from the move to the weeds!

#5 WILL'S AFLEET, 9/2
Proven closer tries turf for the first time. Running style and late pace figures puts this one in the mix for a big effort for Ritchie/Rocco.

#6 BLAZEN, 7/2
Proven turf runner just missed at this level last out. Keeps Rosie on board and will be the fav at post time. A must use in the top two spots.

#1 PUNSTER, 5/2
Well bred Dogwood 3yo needs a return to mid-winter GP form to be a factor. Recent form is all over the place with off-turf races. On paper, just doesn't appear to be fast enough to warrant 5/2.

#8 COMMANDER, 6-1
Fox Hill Farm owned and another trained by Hobby. Ran against some good ones at OP past winter, Alternation & Elite Alex. He will come late and his running style fits with a move to turf, but you just have to assume that Hobby has ruined him. A play underneath.

TRIFECTA 5/6---5/6---1/8

GOOD LUCK TODAY! Bonus Play at Belmont late double 1-6, with big win bets on #1 in 8th & #6 in the 9th.

Comments

• tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    This is a race that might offer 'sneaky' value. The probable chalk, #6, Blazen, has 4 wins in 24 starts on the turf; but he also has 7 seconds and 6 thirds, which means that he only wins when he gets it all his own way. He should be 2nd or 3rd here, unless they just hand him the race.

I'm going to ignore the 1st time turfers. If they beat me, they beat me. My expectation is that none of them figure to improve significantly by the switch to the turf. And, I'm not going deep enough into the race where I have to start accounting for multiple possibilities.

I think that the #1's, Punster, races are by far the best of the bunch on the turf. He's clearly better than Blazon and unless one of the 1st time turfers is a monster, he figures to handle this field. I expect better than the 5:2 morning line for a win bet. If not, will take a one number exacta 1 / 6