Post-race quotes from the Belmont

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Some really interesting quotes from Graham Motion and John Velazquez...

Belmont Stakes (G1) Quotes

Comments

• tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    Corey Nakatani, jockey aboard 4th-place finisher of Nehro (No. 6): “Everything was new to us. Considering with the way the track was playing, I was able to get over to the inside and tuck in. He never really settled like I wanted him to do. He was climbing from being hit in the face with the mud. He's a young horse who has done a lot to this point. I know it is a little disappointing. I'm looking forward where he can put it all together one day.”

It was OBVIOUS from the start that Nehro DIDN'T want to be on the inside. You could tell from his stride that he didn't like the mud being kicked onto his face. YET, Nakatani kept him there EVERY STEP of the race. It's interesting, that when the field broke off just before the wire, Nehro accelerated a bit.

Nakatani gives him the WIDEST (no cover) trip, with the PREMATURE move in the Derby. And then follows it up with 1.5 miles of torture for the horse. At no point during the BELMONT did he try to get off the inside. Hard to talk anything this RETARD has to say seriously.

If I were Zayat, my boot would've been DEEP in Nakatani's ass after the race. Then again, if Zayat had a clue, he'd have replaced him after the Derby.

Bad rides are one thing; torturing the horse is another. And, of course, Nehro came out of the BELMONT with an injury.