Comments

• SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    And the watering down of the Breeder's Cup continues. If the Juvi turf wasn't enough to take away from the prestige of the Juvenile, now they've added yet another race to compete with the juvenile. In this case, it shouldn't hurt too much, and in some ways it might prevent owners from trying to get their young sprinty types to go a route of ground, but c'mon! They have already really hurt the Classic, the Turf Mile, and the Sprint with all the stupid additions to the card over the past few years, such as the dirt mile and the F&M Sprint. Enough already.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I think this race (unlike the Juvenile Turf) will totally cannibalize the Juvenile. Why stretch the horse out before you have to? And beyond that, if you have a horse who's considered a top candidate for the Juvenile, it serves to reason that he probably built his reputation sprinting in the first place.

This could also have a serious effect in two-turn prep races like the Norfolk and Keeneland Futurity. IMO, the only thing that inspires the connections of speedy-type Juvenile contenders to stretch out is the difference in purse money.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    soon its going to be a week long event.....
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    To Tell Ya....we Will Probably Have Short Fields Or Trainers Looking For A Fast Buck As 2 Yr Olds....I'm Not A Believer Of Running 2 Yr Olds...let Them Mature...head And Body Wise...
    I Just Don't See The Numbers......but All The Breeders Cup Is Looking At Is The $$$$$$$$$$$$ From Tv And Pool Take Outs....