Udated BC Classic Odds

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Latest Breeders' Cup Classic Future Odds
By Mike Watchmaker
ShareThis EmailPrintEmail
Since there was some interest in a post I made here two weeks ago concerning Breeders' Cup Classic future book odds from the Race and Sports Book at Wynn Las Vegas, I thought I would post a few of the latest Classic odds from the folks at Wynn, set after the racing of last weekend. I'm not going to relay the odds on every horse, just those of general (or unique to me) interest. Here goes:

Twirling Candy, who was so impressive winning the Californian a two weekends ago, is still the favorite, but is down to 7-1. Crown of Thorns, who goes in Saturday's Stephen Foster, remains second choice at 12-1.

Among those who can be had at 20-1 are Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom, Florida Derby winner Dialed In, prominent Hollywood Gold Cup aspirant First Dude, and Gio Ponti, third as the favorite in the Manhattan on the Belmont Stakes undercard in his first start since the Dubai World Cup.

Havre de Grace, currently the top older female in the country, is 25-1. So, too, is dominant Met Mile winner Tizway.

Frankel, who remained undefeated by holding on in today's St. James Palace at Royal Ascot, is 30-1. Sidney's Candy, former stablemate of Twirling Candy and now a member of Todd Pletcher's barn, is also 30-1.

We'll close it up with Preakness winner Shackleford, who is pegged at 40-1, and Belmont Stakes upsetter Ruler On Ice, who is listed for the first time at 75-1.

mwatchmaker's blog Print ShareThis

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    So Animal Kingdom fails to hit the board in the Belmont, and yet, he drops from 25/1 down to 20/1. Yeah, that's Vegas for you...