Charles Town Saturday--2 Stakes Races

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Two big stakes races Saturday night at Charles Town. Back stretch talk is that the race for the older horses is a strong play on Arkie bred Comedero, 9/5. Trainer Mike Stidham has this speedy machine ready to go and brings in his new go-to-jock, Cliff Berry. This is carded as race 9, Wild and Wonderful Stakes, 3 & up 7 furlongs, purse $100k.

Race 10--Red Legend Stakes
3 yo 7 furlongs purse $400k

Word on the backside is that a couple in here are being terribly overlooked in the ML. Here are the three (3) that I have been told to take a good look at.

#6 J. P. 's GUSTO, 5/2
Can't leave this ml fav out of the mix. Went from Calif to Ark to NY. Mike Hushion has this one working well at Belmont and gets top jock J. D. Acosta to ride. He won't have to face The Factor or ArchArchArch in this field. Could lead every step of the way.

#2 LORANGER NATIVE, 8-1
True gift at 8-1 ml. Louisiana bred was terrific last year and stepped up to run against some good ones. Has a history of racing wide and coming on late to just miss. A better trip and this one could gun em' all down at the wire. Trainer Mike Stidham using his new go-to jock Cliff Berry. Note that in his last race Johnny Velezquez was aboard for the win. That is a true signal of this horses talent as Angel would not let JV take a shit mount at Charles Town!

#7 YANKEE PASSION, 10-1
Been off for over 3 months, but been working the whole time, it appears nothing was wrong that light training wouldn't cure. Brereton C. Jones homebred ran his last race in Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park where he was wide the entire way and just missed to Archarcharch. Cowboy Larry has this one ready to fire and is a major threat to come on late at a big price.

DD 9/10race
2---2/6/7

Race 10
Ex Bx 2--6--7

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Have no idea what happened to Comedero.

In the other race, J P's Gusto had his way at a short price, Loranger Native ran well to get 2nd, ex paid $38.40

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    I loved JP as well at this bull ring, he will turn out to be a very good sprinter. I hammered him on Saturday night.. Didn't play Comedero on Sat night. I played him big on Derby Day at Delware park 1k WP and dropped him down that day in the pool and thought that day he was all out to win that one and he works after that race were not himself IMO.

fb