JV will be heavy fav in Mother Goose

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
With all the defections in the Mother Goose JV will be the heavy favorite once again. This will be her first start since the Oaks off a very disappointing effort that day. We all can remember.

fb

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    That's for sure. About two dimes worth of remembering!

plum Pretty and Royal Delta have both come out, leaving the likes of Buster's Ready and Alseera. Does about 3/5 sound right?
    edited June 2011
    There are a couple later today that look inviting at a short price.
    Belmont 5th---1/2/4 Tri Box

Late Pick 4
    6th---1/2
    7th---4/5/6
    8th--- 2
    9th--- 2

Indiana Downs has Julien today on some very strong, but short, favorites. Gonna try to hit all of them with win parlay:

4th---5/7/11 ex box

5th---#7

6th---#2

7th---5/8/10 ex bx

8th---#3

10th---#3 Freddie is on this live one!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    so whats up with baffert...now plum pretty is running at hollywood this weekend...
    edited June 2011
    Published word was that she spiked a small fever for one (1) day but is ok now. Baffert has ghosts and skelatons from years gone by when he shipped across the country and his horses came up short. Clearly, Mr. Baffert has reached the pinnacle of horse training status where he does not need to make any move when he senses defeat. The ultimate goal for Plum Pretty is in November, Not June in NY. I have no problem with whatever Mr. Baffert chooses to do with this speedy fillie. I, for one, was late in warming up to him in his early years, but for the last several years, and getting to know him quite well when he makes his yearly pilgrimage to Oaklawn and getting to know him when he is in Kentucky, have come to regard him as a true sport who is great for racing and a CLASS ACT! Just call me a Baffert groupie!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    i just thought is was kind of wierd...i love me some baffert...he has been the most consistent trainer to me...especially when he tweeted about his "young superstar" night tide the other day...thats why we got 2-5..
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    I seriously doubt JV will be 3/5 after she came up empty in the stretch at Louisville, (and you had Larry "rose-colored glasses" Jones comparing her to 8 Belles). JV is still relatively slow on paper, with a career best Beyer of 90. The filly who finished 2nd in the Black Eyed Susan is in this race and she posted a 96 Beyer. None of the fillies in the Ma Goose as are accomplished as JV in terms of graded stakes wins, but there is talent and upside in this field. I hope bettors pound JV and it will be overlay city once again on other fillies. I'm guessing JV goes 6/5 or so.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Good stuff SB I havent looked at the race yet but do you think this horse has a shot of finishing off the board? Might take a shot a show all horses but JV and hopefully the bridgejumpers are out!
    edited June 2011
    JV can absolutely win, but she's a guaranteed underlay.

I'll play MY ASSETS to explode at anything close to the 12-1 ML.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    so whats up with baffert...now plum pretty is running at hollywood this weekend...

Kentucky Oaks (G1) winner PLUM PRETTY (Medaglia d'Oro), who spiked a temperature earlier this week, remains on the fence for Saturday's Hollywood Oaks (G2). "I entered her, but I don't know if I will run her," Baffert told Daily Racing Form. "I wanted to give myself the option. I'll watch her until Saturday. We'll make the call that day." Plum Pretty was originally scheduled to travel to New York for Saturday's Mother Goose S. (G1), but Baffert didn't want to send her cross-county, opting to enter the 1 1/16-mile Oaks when she had recovered from the illness on Wednesday...
    edited June 2011
    JV was once again a bad favorite but I reached way too far with My Assets. Busters Ready won going away. Wow she has improved a lot in her last two races.