Churchill Saturday 8th--Baby Race

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
CD 8th 2yo 5 furlongs turf

I will be the first to admit up front that there is no way to properly look at these baby races when you have little to work with in pp's. However, over the past several years I have done very well in these 2 year old races with a little info from folks keeping an eye open in the A. M.
This race today has a good chance to generate a big payout if we can keep a couple off the board who will take action.

#2 TRUETOP, 5-1
Assman firster will take action. His works at Keeneland were terribly slow and got even slower when he got to CD.

#7 JONMIL JOHNNY, 6-1
Has a prior race, which is important, but it was a terrible race. He was stuck inside from a rail draw and faded back in a short race to finish close to 15 lengths back. Today he gets Julian Leparoux for Mike Maker, which means he will take alot of action, and he does get a better draw out from the rail, but he would have to really move up to be worth using my money.

The two above are throw-outs for me. The following are ones who are working well and are getting some positive vibes from Cd backside folks in the know.

#4 JAGATI, 5-1
Really came to life in the morning when shipped over from Keeneland poly. Likely pacesetter gets favorable inside draw and hot jock Corie lanerie for top trainer Eddie Kenneally. This one will take alot of money from Backside folks as his works are visually impressive.

#8 FURMAN BISHER, 10-1
Dogwood Stable private purchase is the picture of perfection. Young chestnut shines like a new penny and has the look of a young Alydar. Six works in the last 30 days at CD and his 3f work just 3 days ago in 36 flat signals readiness. Problem is that Robbie Albarado jumps ship to ride #9 ( see below) and Neil Howard goes with Calvin, who will probably be inclined to use him early to try and get position, but this one is bred to like it long so this may work out?

#9 MAGICAL MOMENT, 8-1
Been working on poly at Keeneland but bred to love dirt. Al Campbell homebred gets Albarado for debut and should be prominent late when he hits his best stride. He may get caught wide on the turn which could cost him at the wire.

#12 SARK, 4-1
Already has two starts and has finished 3rd both times. Will definitely get caught wide but is a must use based on experience. A better post would have made this one very attractive.

I will probably play a 4 horse tri box 4--8--9--12
but if I had to rank these I would say the same order.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
A