Hollywood Park Sunday.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm not just gonna sit here and talk to myself, so you guys better have opinions here too.

In the 5th, it looks wide open. Here's what I do like: Simply Carina is a 4YO versus 3YO's and she tried BOYS last out (where she ran big as the favorite). 5/2 just seems like a big number here. Lots to like.

I'll be big to win
And smaller with the 2 and 10 for exactas.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    The 7 had a dream trip and never was the best, running 3rd.

I hope it was obvious i meant 11 not 10 for the exacta, but either way, ADD Dynamo to your watch list.

The horse stumbled fairly badly at the start was 4 wide then 7 wide and still WON. Combine that with number of horses (like 1 in 50) winning from that post, and you have the makings of a nice little prospect.

Watch to see if this group turns into anything though, as they may all be suspect.

Fuck I love Sunday.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I bet Simply Carina last time (coming off the near-miss vs. next-out allowance winner Neried), but I didn't take her today. I do like the Peter Miller firster in the last race though. Turned some heads at the April OBS after breezing a quarter in 21.1 seconds. Very attractive morning line, to say the least. That said, I've been pretty cold lately. Saratoga can't get here quick enough...
    edited June 2011
    Me too DC, to top it off I meant to bet a $50 straight Pick 4 and used the wrong number. Word is out on the Peter Miller, I'm thinking 5-1 tops.
    edited June 2011
    Here's my question DC, and I hope you see this before the race. I know you use the same training reports I do, and the indicate Joel has been working Woeboggen, the Miller horse (12-1). However he end up the Doug O'neil trained Candy Ride filly (who's sneaky fast last blow out is missed off the NT report.

1. Is this the case of Peter having MUCH the best and wanting a better price?
    2. Or does Rosario know a little secret?
    edited June 2011
    In the 8th race I love Cozi Rosie, who looks very nice on the track, and will love the added distance. Malibu Pier can bounce back and I'll take a little bit. HOWEVER, I find it very strange that Joel takes over for Mike Smith who has ridden her the last 700 times and is a very close personal friend of the owners... HMMMMM Mikey ends up on Timezone, who was last seen at Golden Gate and seems a very big outsider. Maybe they had a little issue....
    edited June 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Here's my question DC, and I hope you see this before the race. I know you use the same training reports I do, and the indicate Joel has been working Woeboggen, the Miller horse (12-1). However he end up the Doug O'neil trained Candy Ride filly (who's sneaky fast last blow out is missed off the NT report.

1. Is this the case of Peter having MUCH the best and wanting a better price?
    2. Or does Rosario know a little secret?

I couldn't decide, you're no help, so I've got decent doubles to both. The #8 looks awesome on the track. I made one dumb bet to wrap the day (if my GoGo bet wasn't bad enough):

HOL #9 $0.10 Superfecta 1,2,4,8,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10 none $ 126.00
    edited June 2011
    Dc We Fucking Crushed!!!! Thank You Buddy.
    edited June 2011
    I thought the double would pay more, but a couple bad trips from the favorites and this was gonna be as they say on TVG 'stacks';

HOL #9

$0.10 Superfecta 1,2,4,8,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10 none $ 126.00 $ 329.20 + $ 203.20
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Woebegon wins @ $29.60

With regard to the Rosario thing, I was wondering about that myself. It probably has more to do with the two trainers involved than anything else (Doug O'Neill being the other one). Miller doesn't generally use Rosario anyway, but that being the case, it's a little bit strange that he would be aboard for the workout. Funny thing is, Miller doesn't really use Pedroza much either. Just a strange situation. What really caught my eye though was the sale info, and not so much the recent gate drill (though he reportedly looked pretty good). Plus, you knew the Baffert firster was going to take a lot of money, and the Hollendorfer (who appeared to be the main threat) was parked way out in the 10-hole with a short run into the turn. Thought Woebegon had a pretty decent chance.