Del - 6/27

tmffmtmffm Banned
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
R5:

the chalk, #5, Keen Kelly, looks tough to beat --- certainly will be in the exotics
#1, Globo De Oro, was block entering last out (even though he got a rail run to that point) and finished with some interest.
the 4 and the 6 are the other likely ones but I won't use them.
I'm interested in #9, Slew Cat Fever, at a price.

currently 40:, with 5 min to post.

bet #9 to win.
ebox: 1/5/9;
tri box: 1/5/9

Comments

• tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    Delaware - Race 5
    # Win Place Show
    1 $8.20 $3.80 $3.00
    5 . $4.00 $3.00
    8 . . $8.60

Wager Type Winning Numbers Paid
    $1.00 Exacta 1-5 $19.80

About what I expected, Matz is deadly on the DEL turf. But I couldn't resist trying to get that 70:1 9 in there somehow.
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    R7:

#2, Tough Jodi, bid into the teeth of the setup, widest, last out, 1st race in a year. Today he stretch 1/2 a furlong and figures to be better after that effort.
    #5, El Golem, squeezed soon after the start and finished decently in a race that didn't really come back.

BUT

Vasquez has #6, 1st time off the claim, and been taking a lot and steady money. Doubtful this JUICER loses here. If he gets beat, I lose; no sense playing multiple combinations.

exacta: 6 /1, 5
    tri: 6 / 1,5

throwing the 2nd choice #9, out
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    Looked good for a while with the 2 leading and the 6 then taking over. But the 6 collapsed in the lane, with the 10 winning. 5 got 3rd.

Vasquez got hit to 6:5, and I can't try to beat him in these situations. If I want to play a race where he, Ness or Lake have a runner, I have to respect them and just try to MINIMIZE my plays
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    Race 7:

5 / 1, 8
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    thought the 5 was better than the 8. though wrong. the 8 wired, just holding off the 1; 5 outgamed for 3rd by the 9.

Wager Type Winning Numbers Paid
    $1.00 Exacta 8-1 $12.60

Probably a good idea to box the exacta. At least I'd have gotten some money. Still working on that.