Tuesday $$$ Plays

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Going to see if I can put together some winners today at Delaware and then parlay any winnings tonight at Prairie Meadows where I have good info on a horse who should win easily, but a short price is expected. I have called in all info I can get today on the Delaware races and some will be favs and others will be trying to beat the favs.

Delaware Race 1
#5 My Name Is Ralphie, 8-1
I do not think you will get 8-1 odds, but still should be a decent price. Moves up on expected wet track.
#5 w/p/s
exacta box 2--5--7

Delaware Race 4
#6 Raylou, 6-1
this is a longshot play trying to beat some short priced favs. The info I am getting says this one has a chance at a good price Also moves up on a wet track..
#6 w/p/s
Exacta box 3--5--6

Delaware Race 8
This race comes off the turf and , for me, it is an Ex & tri box 5--6--8

Assuming any of these hit, two races tonight at Prairie Meadows where I will play heavy!

PM Race 1
#1 Smokethruakeyhole, 3-1
My man Israel Ocampo rides this one and word is he should find these to his liking.

PM Race 8---Best Bet Of The Day!

#1 SCAT DANCER, 5/2
Rather large win bet;
Ditto the above on Ocampo!
Ex & tri key 1---2/4/7

Good Luck To All!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    In race 8 at PM, the #1 is POE where the 1A appears to look the better of the two on paper, but there is a ton of speed in here which should set #1 up for a late run to mow down the frontrunners. If he doesn't, then you still get the other half of the entry who is a major player to get the distance. Ocampo thinks the speed will back up tonight!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Already a short field and a late sct really hurt our prices. Nevertheless, a win is a win.
    #5 My Name Is Ralphie $8.20 $3.80 $2.40 5-7 Exacta $27.20
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    You got that right. Always a good idea to 'take what the defense gives you'. Good hit.

The card so far @ DEL has been TERRIBLE

R3:

Vasquez has one in here and it's the chalk. When he takes money he's almost, well, money. So, I can't try to beat him. But I also won't spread, just in case he doesn't win.

exacta: 1 / 2
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    I constantly read on messages boards that there's just NO VALUE anymore. Especially at small tracks. The primary reason for this is small fields. But I've always found quite a bit of value @ DEL, CRC, etc.

I initially played a one number 1-2. But when the 2 was hit to lower odds than the 1 (until the 1 got hit back to favoritism very, very late) I took a look at the exacta payoffs. At post time: 1-2 and 2-1 were both paying $14 for $2. That's 5:2 on your money. Certainly no one would argue that 5:2 on a win bet is NO VALUE in a 6 horse field. The two horse ebox or one number exacta has replaced the low odds win bet in short field races. Gotta take what the defense gives you.

Delaware - Race 3
    $1.00 Exacta 2-1 $7.30
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    Del R4:

4 / 1, 5
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    DEL R7:

exacta: 3 / 1
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011