Belmont Race 7 Wednesday

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 7: #6 Film Making Just one of those horses I always seem to play when he's running. Did lay off of him in his last when finishing 4th. I do like the spot he lands in today. I think the added distance of 1 1/4 should suit this horse perfectly. Looking for him to lay far back and make a huge run at the end. 8-1 or higher would be a great price!

Also gonna play

3rd Race: #3 Settle For Medal Another under achiever that I always seem to throw a few $$$ on. Love all the back class this horse has and his works are always decent. Today he runs a big one!

GOOD LUCK!

Comments

• DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited June 2011
    I like your thoughts on Film Making . However ,to me he just feels like a guy that has all the intangibles BUT lacks the substance to win . I just dont think breaking his Mdn at Tampa with that pedigree was in the blueprint for the connections.
    External Ruler broke slowly in last , but was patiently handled up the backstretch, while well off the pace and in-hand. Inched closer around the far turn, stuck behind horses upper stretch, threaded his way through mid-stretch, and finished very well to just miss. I just think the last time was the time to have him. He will be overbet & I think his traffic issues are overplayed and will influence alot of money .
    At 5-1 Sky Blazer will be my play . I think his form is in an upward trend , Had 3 works since his last which was the first one off his maiden win at GP
    8- win
    exacta box 5-8, & 7-8
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Film Making owes us some money. Looks like a good time to collect! His last at CD should set him up perfectly for a big effort today and the added distance only helps his chances. This is another race today where I will throw out the favs and try to hit a good exotic. Along with #6 Film Making, at 8-1, I will give a nod to #7 Point Of Entry, 5-1, the Phipps homebred trained by Shug and ridden today by Johnny. And why not give #8 Sky Blazer a chance at 5-1. This would not be the first time that Barclay Tagg brought one in and you know he has this one fit and ready. Let's crush em' today!
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited June 2011
    This is a tough race.

What concerns me is that there's NO pace in it. So, some horse that has never set the pace before will have to do it today. Probably not going to see fast fractions. Which means that the horses able to get the distance will have an advantage.

The 2 most likely to get the distance are #2 (who has some hang in him) and #5, a good race last out going shorter. Suspect Shug's horse will as well but it remains to be seen how he handles the turf.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Good call guys on the #7 and the #8 horse. Did grab half of the tri but ended up losing after wheeling Film Making front and back in exactas and double's. Also was hoping he paid a bit more than $5 to show. Coming around the far turn I thought my horse was a winner then once they straightened out it looked like he had no rally left??? I think the pace played a huge part those horses were walking in the beginning.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Agree:
    The great Johnny V. sensed the ultra slow pace and sent the Phipps homebred at the turn and she held off all comers except the Tagg winner. Tom Durkin used words to describe the slow fractions that I haven't heard in 30 years. What shocked the shit out of me was how little the exacta paid, around $43.00 with two 5-1 coming 1st & 2nd. No guts no glory as Film Maker ran 3rd and the tri paid over $200.00. Better racing luck tomorrow!