Churchill Thursday 6/30 R-7

DubyaBDubyaB Member
edited June 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
At first blush I really like the card at Churchill for Thursday . The race that I think there may be some value is the 7th
Won Wild Dude #8 Will be debuting off a string of works that show this gelding has some speed.The clocker reports splits for the most recent work were:11.4,:23.4,:49.2 w/ a good gallop out in 1:03. The trainer stats are very strong for debut & in MCL. Plus the jockey/ trainer stats are an impressive 32% w/$2.70 ROI . There seems to be plenty speed in this race. I am fearful that it could be problematic for this firster BUT at 5-1 I will take a shot
I will key and box this guy with #9 Southern Rocket this Margolis colt was a $200K 2YO in training purchase last year ( 40x's stud fee) . Must be a good looking horse purchased by a smart guy. The company that he kept in his previous starts were favorably mentioned this spring in the Derby Trail. Plus Margolis on the MSW-MCLdrop is very tough
I will also use Sgt Mauro #1 as a small underneath play with the previously mentioned two

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Clocker reports for Churchill? Who does those?
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited June 2011
    Got the report from Steve Davidowitz's Grade One Racing web-site . I believe it is done by someone from Bruno DeJulio's group
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Dubya....first i've heard of clocker reports for any place outside California.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Dubya:

Welcome to the Forum. What took you so long to Post?
    As you are aware, your posts are on a delay so I did not see your CD race 7 post until after I put out same with 3/4--3/4--9/10.

If my local Louisville gut is wrong and you are right in this race, your ticket will be huge! I suspect the 3 & 4 will take most of the action and your firster #8 will be totally overlooked at the windows.

You and I see this race differently, but that's horse racing. Good Luck to ya in all races except this one!
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited June 2011
    Well getting some time away from the job so it allows me to do what I like. I also feel this site is a more civil approach vs the other sites . Its looking like the 2# Longshot Warrior is taking the early $$. Good luck
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited June 2011
    Good hit with your 9-10 ! I actually hit a saver pk 4 . You never hit the press. I gotta look at the replay closer on the race .