Hollywood Race 9

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
These are the type of races I think produce huge payoffs in exotics as we have a 8/5 favorite in a 20k claiming race. We have GO GO and Hess Jr. parting up and they are a great 0-12 together and you throw in 8/5 and I say STAY AWAY like the plague. The only positive I see is the nice work on the 2nd of July and was told he finished up in 24 and change. But as we look at these races in depth you can start to see things that line up for a longshot play or a longshot key horse. The horse I like in this race is Superten from the O'Neil barn as two back in his work tab he was a guinea pig for SWAP runner Boxeur Des Rues and then 5 days comes back and blister the HW track with a 35.1 gate work but also galloped out like a live one. I see Martin Garcia taking them a long way today from the rail. All I can say don't let this one slip past you in the nightcap.

RACE 9

#1 - Superten - wps

1 over 3-5-10-11 over 3-4-5-8-10-11 over all

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Will take a look. O'Neill is pretty strong with debut types, but i'm always a bit wary of betting firsters going two turns unless they're starting fora trainer with proven success in that area. Looks like O'Neill has only started two such horses over the last 18 months, so not much to go on there. Not a ton of speed in the race though, so if Superten can grab the early lead and cut the corner onto the backstrecth, he might be able to open up a clear margin and set some moderate fractions. We shall see. Good luck, FB!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    These are the type of races I think produce huge payoffs in exotics as we have a 8/5 favorite in a 20k claiming race. We have GO GO and Hess Jr. parting up and they are a great 0-12 together and you throw in 8/5 and I say STAY AWAY like the plague. The only positive I see is the nice work on the 2nd of July and was told he finished up in 24 and change. But as we look at these races in depth you can start to see things that line up for a longshot play or a longshot key horse. The horse I like in this race is Superten from the O'Neil barn as two back in his work tab he was a guinea pig for SWAP runner Boxeur Des Rues and then 5 days comes back and blister the HW track with a 35.1 gate work but also galloped out like a live one. I see Martin Garcia taking them a long way today from the rail. All I can say don't let this one slip past you in the nightcap.

RACE 9

#1 - Superten - wps

1 over 3-5-10-11 over 3-4-5-8-10-11 over all

Absolute no shot at the break, that is horse racing. I will book him for down the road.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    was in trouble soon as the gate opened.....get him next out prolly larger then 8-1..