7th Race Delaware Park Monday

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Jeremy Rose gets off Storm Catlilly who got second in both of his starts, to get on for Zito. He rode this horse last out but it was in 18 months ago in second place effort. You have to get the vibe that he gets off storm catlilly because The Director is a better horse. The Director has been working at Saratoga which means they are coming down to break the maiden and then ship right back up to the spa. we all know gabe saez is larry jones main man and he is getting on storm catlilly. ramon vazquez will ride for larry jones aboard ronald reagan, but again you have to think if saez wanted this mount he would have had it. i dont know if playing these angles intrigues ya'll but it definitely does me. i think i will play The director over storm catlilly cold. good luck if anyone else plays

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    DELAWARE PARK...1st #1 157...4th #5 5/7/12...5th #3 123...6th #2 235...7th #2 247...8th #10...10th #5...w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I called Weaver Asst. Tr. Billy K. this morning and inquired on the Zito horse. He remembers watching him breeze under a tight hold while working in company with Zito's best stock. He was surprised to hear that he shipped into Delaware for this race, he just assumed that he was prepping for the Spa meet. Nevertheless, Bill thinks he will be well spotted in this race today at Delaware, assuming he remembers how to run in a race after year and a half off with bone chips in knee.

The bloodlines on this colt are super, with Mr. Greely/Gone West on the sire side and Deputy Minister/Seattle Slew on the dam side. $750k ft aug 2008 purchase by Zito's big client, Robert Lapenta. Recent form shows 4 solid works at Spa Tr. Tr., and keep in mind that those works are run against some of the best in the East.

I like your thinking on a cold ex and will key in the tri with 2---4/5---3/4/5/7

Good Luck!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Well ain't that the shits! King gets us on to a good thing and we make calls and get ready to fire and low and behold, #2 THE DIRECTOR and #4 STORM CATLILLY are both Vet scratches!

Makes you wonder what's going on at these tracks on a monday? I played a race a couple of weeks ago on a Monday at Prairie Meadows and got DQ in a race where the stewards found a little bumping coming out of the gate was reason to bring the winner down. GO FIGURE?
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    WON 1st $7.60 $4.20 $3.00...w2w
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited July 2011
    R5:

#6, Mach Twelve is the best of those that have run. Sitting 12:1 with 2 min to post; well worth a win bet if > 10:1

#4, Kappy -- Pletcher 1st timer is a must use in exotics.

#12, Mr Pops, best of the others
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited July 2011
    Another TURF race @ DEL that goes WIRE 2 WIRE. How exactly is it OBVIOUS that the 7, cutting back from 1 3/16 last out, where he was 5 lengths behind 49.2 half and 7 lengths behind 1:14.3 6f, is going to wire them with 23+, 47+ splits?

big balloons in the place and show spot. check these prices out:

Delaware - Race 4
    # Win Place Show
    7 $11.80 $6.60 $4.80
    3 . $53.40 $13.00
    1 . . $23.60

Wager Type Winning Numbers Paid
    $1.00 Exacta 7-3 $377.90
    $0.50 Trifecta 7-3-1 $2349.50
    $0.10 Superfecta 7-3-1-5 $16430.91
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited July 2011
    Del R6:

9 / 2,8
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited July 2011
    Very late scratch of Zito's horse in the 8th, as well. Made the trip for nothing.