DC any Saratoga or Del Mar info?

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
DC does your website have anything special going for the Spa and Del Mar meet?

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    DC's 2yo info makes them both enjoyable meets. Normally I tell people get National Turf's (Andy Harrington) workout report and call it a day. But DC keeps records from sales and spends time comparing works @ many other tracks. He won't make you rich, but it's quality and honest info.

BTW- DC have you ever noticed that the Del Mar reports aren't as "accurate" as they often are at SA and Hollywood. I think it may have to do with Andy's vantage point @ the track.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I hadn't really noticed a difference. Might just have something to do with Del Mar being more of a horse-for-course track, due to their unique surface. I do believe however that Andy isn't the only guy posting workout reports on the site. I think he shares duties with another guy named Harris (because they can't be @ both Hollywood/Santa Anita at the same time). Not sure what goes on during Del Mar.

As for Saratoga & Del Mar specials, no, i just have the normal monthly packages. I have had requests for those meet-long packages in the past, and have granted them, basically just pro-rating the packages for one and a half months ($75). Most people just go -month-to-month though.
    edited July 2011
    I hadn't really noticed a difference. Might just have something to do with Del Mar being more of a horse-for-course track, due to their unique surface. I do believe however that Andy isn't the only guy posting workout reports on the site. I think he shares duties with another guy named Harris (because they can't be @ both Hollywood/Santa Anita at the same time). Not sure what goes on during Del Mar.

As for Saratoga & Del Mar specials, no, i just have the normal monthly packages. I have had requests for those meet-long packages in the past, and have granted them, basically just pro-rating the packages for one and a half months ($75). Most people just go -month-to-month though.

Correct, Andy is top notch and he is always at the track they're racing at (He leaves a week early for Del Mar I believe). His assistant covers the "other" track, and honestly I take his info with a grain of salt, as he's either not as competent, or selling private plays to others IMO. Watch out for that.
    edited July 2011
    Thanks, will do.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    cant wait for this to come.....best racing all year...all we can hope for is good weather...
    edited July 2011
    Thanks, will do.

Andy occasionally takes Tuesday (I think) off, too. A much older gambler/mentor to me asked National Turf in a very polite to email to put their initials next to their "info", so we knew who it was coming from. He received a rather rude email back explaining how difficult this would be. (Ummmm?) Either way, if used properly, Andy's info is top notch.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited July 2011

Donald Harris clocks at HP for Toby Turrell............problem for a while now, is the ML maker of HOL and DM clocks as well. And his bias is shown in his ML.
    edited July 2011
    So then it's not Harris that supplements the reports for National Turf? Do we know who the new guy is then?
    edited July 2011
    So then it's not Harris that supplements the reports for National Turf? Do we know who the new guy is then?

I'll find out for you (Might be a kid named John Wilson), but I've caught his BS several times. He might be at Hollywood already if Andy has left to DEL MAR. Sorry I didn't give the heads up earlier, but you can tell from his language sometimes too.
    edited July 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    (Might be a kid named John Wilson).

That rings a bell. Probably it.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Donald Harris Works Wity Toby Turell