Saratoga Travel Deal

Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
This is listed on Travelzoo Still much cheaper staying 25 or 30 miles out but not a horrible deal for during the meet.

$199 -- Saratoga Springs Hotel w/Race Package (Reg. $294) More »
Saratoga Hilton Select dates July-September

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Just booked a night for next Sat at Gideon Putnam Hotel. Cost me almost 3 bills. Got them to throw in a breakfast. Going with my wife to the track all day then to the Crue concert at night. The reason being for this place was its right next to SPAC where the concert is playing. Walking distance which will be good after a day of drinking and gambling at the track!
  • jerry tjerry t Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Horsin Aro and Mikenyce,
    I live about 2 and a half hours from the track in Binghamton, NY. My girlfriend and I always stay in Albany at the red roof inn for 90 bucks and then drive up to the track in the morning. We are going Wed. Thurs and Fri. Aug . 10 - 12. Can't beat the price and it's only 20 mins. by car from the track. Just something I thought I'd throw out to you guys. Good Luck.
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited July 2011
    For what it's worth here some 'after track" suggestions for those coming into town. I live in town and unfortunately spend too much time on the town.
    If you are looking for good spots for dinner here is a list . Can't go wrong type of places.No particular order
    1) Sperrys . Good food & service. Alot of racetrackers frequent the place even in dead winter. Bound to get in good discussion about the day's races or next day's card. Great outdoor bar
    2) Chianti. Good place . BUT you'll never get in there . Probably already a wait for tables for Opening Day
    3) Lemoncello.Not in downtown proper BUT its real good & reasonable
    4) 28 Tables Quality food ,little pricey
    5) Hatties[] cool place southern style food
    GOOD BARS w/FOOD
    1) Seven Horse Pub Great bar with good food . Great bartenders
    2)Trotters Good bar w/ridiculous drink specials(Wednesday All draft beers 1$ all day long) good bar grub
    edited July 2011
    Thanks Dubya might try one of those places
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Mike,

300 bills for the Gideon-Putnam is about what they have charged for years. I know it seems high but keep in mind that that old Holiday Inn on Broadway is about the same. Also, the Gideon used to offer shuttle service to the track in the morning, but be sure to get on the list with somebody out front. Depending on what time you want to be at the concert, you may not have alot of time, you can walk from the track over to Siro's for a few drinks post-racing, and the people at the restaurant/bar, not the outside bar, will have someone there, or a cab, run you back to the Gideon. It's all pretty easy. The places that Dubya mentioned all sound good, but I'm the last person to offer advise on places to eat at night, seems like we always tend to drink through dinner at Siro's and by eight o'clock or so we're too damned tired to care! Have fun and hit'em big!
    edited July 2011
    Guys not sure how many of you have had a chance to stay up in Saratoga but this place is almost unreal!!! Ive stayed up near there before with friends but nothing compared to this. Decided to stay another night at the Gideon came home this morning. It was worth every penny we paid. They shuttle us to the track each day downtown to broadway over to congress park probably wherever we wanted to go. Got a chance to drink out of all those spring fountains they have out there. They have comp racing forms in the lobby and the lady up front even saved me one for Sunday morning cause she knew we were at the concert all night and thought we might not be able to get up early enough before they were gone. A bit hot on Saturday at the track but beautiful on Sunday. Cant beat this place!!!!!!
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited July 2011
    No loves the Spa more than me . However, it broke my heart on Opening Day. When I went to the Jim Dandy bar for my first of the day I was told that the there will be no Budweiser products for sale this year ! OUCH