SPA Thursday Plays

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Good info on some coming to the SPA for connections you do not see very often. BEWARE!

1st--No info here, but I just love to try to jumpstart my day with a race over the hurdles. #4 Cornhusker, trained by Tom Voss and gets 10 lbs on the others. WPS

2nd---HA HA TONKA
Danny Peitz had this one in Arkansas for Robert and Lowana Low. Transfered to Donnie Von Hemel for Prairie Meadows stakes races and comes in to Spa with eye-popping works and gets Ramon. I'll Bite.

4th---#8 BOOTS AHEAD, 6-1,
George Weaver thinks today is the day for BOOTS. Had some minor physical problems but has worked well and this is 2nd off the layoff. George still thinks BOOTS is one of his best turf horses, his last at Cd was a better than looks 2nd place finish, problem is Javier goes elsewhere, and probably with good reason. #2 EXHI, TAP runner is the one to beat.

7th---#10 FUDGESICLE, 6-1
Mack Robertson sends this in form runner up from Delaware and brings along Jockey Joe Rocco. These connections are not the kind to go to Saratoga unless they really believe they wil win. This one looked really good at Oaklawn last winter and has just gotten better. Primed for a big effort today!

9th---NO BRAINER PLAY OF THE DAY
#5 kinda spicy, 5/2
3 yo Darley homebred did not start until well into her 3yo season. debut was at 1 mile and she bid her time like a seasoned runner and pulled away to win by multiple lengths. Top shelf breeding out of A. P. Indy and a champion dam from Chile. Angel Cordero thinks she is up there with the best on the grounds at Spa and that is good enough for me.

Let's Get Lucky with these!

Comments

• DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited July 2011
    Along with aforementioned observations I also think everyone should watch the replays of R-5 # 4 Illegally Blonde. Off poorly made up considerable ground & galloped out like a runaway train . I will be at the Paddock Bar after the race . I would love to have drinksw/all :drinking: !
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Just got word that in race 7, Assman #8 Great Mills, 6-1, may take alot of play. His last on turf going 1 mile at Indiana Downs was a disaster, but he cuts back to 5 1/2 and has runaway speed. You might watch the earlier turf races and see how early speed is holding on and, watch the toteboard. Right now I have two of my three in the ex bx, 8 & 10, but I'm looking for a third to add to my ex bx. Any and all help appreciated!
    edited July 2011
    Thanks DubyaB,

Race 5
    Illegally blonde, #4, 4-1 ml
    Owned and trained by Kenny McPeek. Out of Mineshaft and a Unbridled mare.
    Like you said, she walked out of the gate and closed like hell going 6 f. Stretches out today and no reason to think she won't be much improved 2nd out and come out cleaner. Albarado keeps the mount and this one looks like as good of play tomorrow as anything else. Let's go to the bank on this one!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Just got word that in race 7, Assman #8 Great Mills, 6-1, may take alot of play. His last on turf going 1 mile at Indiana Downs was a disaster, but he cuts back to 5 1/2 and has runaway speed. You might watch the earlier turf races and see how early speed is holding on and, watch the toteboard. Right now I have two of my three in the ex bx, 8 & 10, but I'm looking for a third to add to my ex bx. Any and all help appreciated!

#1 Nutmegcuveeroyale also like #7 Longhunter
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011

SARATOGA RACE 7:
    #7 Longhunter (6-1) (turf or dirt) (4 stars)

Our Eyes: 5/22/11 Bel - 3-wide hammerlock, stalked moderate pace, moving turn, swung out 5-wide, rolled home but could not go with winner. Added distance helps. UPDATE: Tugging pocket, evenly late. Yielding turf excuse? Deserves another chance. - Joe Kristufek
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited July 2011

TALKED TO ASSMAN YESTERDAY....LIKES HIS 'GREAT MILLS' TODAY A NICE COLT OUT OF 'WAR FRONT'....IS 2/2 AT THIS DISTANCE....USING THE# 2,#7 AND SENTIMENTAL #1...AS I OWNED THE DADDY OF THIS ONE..'CUVEE'...NOW IN TURKEY...PLAYING WITH THE ARAB PONIES...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    The Bootmeister.
  • Max BMax B Member
    edited July 2011
    Nice call John!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    John: Thanks for the tip on the Weaver horse; 7-1 Sweet
    edited July 2011
    SAR #6 $20 Double 6,9,10,​WT,8,10 none $ 120.00 - -

Lets get lucky.
    edited July 2011
    Dirty,
    you must have read my mind, I'm all over the double and ex bx in the 7th w/ 7-8-10,
    8th --3---2/5/7

9th---5---7---3/6

10th---3/4/10

good luck!
    edited July 2011
    Well, I was gonna bet your late pick 4, but they got to the gate so fast I panicked and hit ALL twice.

SAR #7 $0.50 Pick-4 7,8,10,​WT,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,5,​WT,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 none $ 105.00 - -

NEVER in doubt in the 7th BTW. I was counting cash at the fucking quarter pole.
    edited July 2011
    John, thanks for everything. I'm alive (TWICE! THANKS NON-STARTER) to ALL.

Hope I get my money back at least....
    edited July 2011
    DMR #2 $6 Pick-3 1,3,5,6,7,​WT,2,3,7,9,​WT,4 none $ 120.00 - -
    DMR #2 $2 Pick-3 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,2,3,7,9,​WT,4,7,8 none $ 168.00 - -
    DMR #2 $2 Pick-3 1,3,5,6,7,​WT,2,3,7,9,10,​WT,4,7,8 none $ 150.00 - -
    DMR #2 $2 Pick-3 1,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,1,2,3,5,7,8,9,10,​WT,4 none $ 96.00 - -

Her'e my early DELMAR action. Heavy on Arresting Officer, clueless on everything else.
    edited July 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    DMR #2 $6 Pick-3 1,3,5,6,7,​WT,2,3,7,9,​WT,4 none $ 120.00 - -
    DMR #2 $2 Pick-3 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,2,3,7,9,​WT,4,7,8 none $ 168.00 - -
    DMR #2 $2 Pick-3 1,3,5,6,7,​WT,2,3,7,9,10,​WT,4,7,8 none $ 150.00 - -
    DMR #2 $2 Pick-3 1,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,1,2,3,5,7,8,9,10,​WT,4 none $ 96.00 - -

Her'e my early DELMAR action. Heavy on Arresting Officer, clueless on everything else.

Just plain sick.... but you got $6.80 to place. My panicked Pick-4 got home at the SPA. Thanks again John.
    edited July 2011
    Yah, I had a pretty good day. Up around ten dimes. Played kinda Spicy rather heavy, but still got $4.50 to win.
    Really thought I had fudgesicle but the Assman horse came on late to nip him at the wire. Ex still paid around $55.
    Kinda Spicy is the real deal and put this one in your horses to watch list. She just played with the others and again pulled away late to win by open lengths. You're looking at 3/5 next time out!

For those that give a shit, Joe Rocco, Jr., set a record yesterday at Delaware with 7 wins, came to Spa today and runs 2nd on Fudgesicle, and tomorrow night has the mount on my 3yo fillie Glackety, in the 2nd at Penn Natl. Glackety, 12-1. This is her first off the layoff and she won't see any of my money, but pull for her anyway cause we need the revenue!
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited July 2011
    Nice piece of cappin today !
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited July 2011
    This makes up for that god awful opening day you had.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Great call on Boots Ahead ($17.00). Thanks for posting!

My Spa play today was La Capella in the 5th, but she ended up being scratched. She had worked heads-up three times in a row with Morning Shine, who won by 5 lengths on Monday.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    rumple wrote: »
    This makes up for that god awful opening day you had.

The peanut gallery has spoken!!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Great call on Boots Ahead ($17.00). Thanks for posting!

My Spa play today was La Capella in the 5th, but she ended up being scratched. She had worked heads-up three times in a row with Morning Shine, who won by 5 lengths on Monday.

La Capella is entered in Race 2 @ Churchill today. Two turns on grass.