Interesting anmgle from Bob Pitlak

Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Hi,

Although it has a miserably short season, I consider Saratoga my home track. If you've been following the Saratoga meet, I hope you've been looking at the Angle I suggested regarding Turf races

In the first 4 days, this angle (for non-maiden turf races only!) has shown 5 wins in 13 races (38.5%) for an ROI of 48%.

If you missed the angle: Check the last three races for each horse and circle the fastest closing time (Sartin's V3 with MyWay or any of our Sartin programs). Or, subtract the final time from the time at the second call and adjust for any differences in distance between these two calls. Place an exacta box on the 3 horses with the best velocities (Sartin) or closing times. It's that simple.

It's too soon to tell if there's a difference between turf routes and turf sprints (and unusually large number at Saragoto), but so far, the results posted include both.

Hope you are winning as well.

Regards, and Good Luck
Bob Pitlak

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I see my spelling is getting as bad as my capping...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks Bob,
    Do you ever look at the Bris numbers on the ultimate pp's w/ comments? I believe the late pace numbers are the same which you utilize but I'm not sure. I rely on the Bris late pace figs on most turf races that I handicap and they come up pretty good results , especially in races when you have several live horses. I'm pretty sure that by now you know that I like to play 3 horse ex bx. as they are usually going to pay more than $12 and at the Spa you can figure a hell of alot more! In this first week you have many front end turf winners but if you go back and look at the Bris they also have the best late pace figs. take a look and let us know. Thanks again.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I went back and looked at the Bris figs and the big difference, and I mean big, is that they only look at the previous race, not the past three. Just when I thought i had found an easy way to get an edge I find out it is still a grind. Such is life!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi John,
    That was sent to me from Bob I will foward over comments to him unless DC says ok i will post his email.