Am I missing something?

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Very hungover. Haven't even opened my form, but ..... Is there really a Rosario/Sadler horse @ 20-1ML in the last? I would bet a 3 legged horse from those connections at that price...

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I had a bunch of people in my car this morning on business, could not hear it all, but Steve Byk show was ragging aboyt win, place, CHO having a couple of live horses running. Worth a look. Does Del Mar start late today?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Motherfucker. Scratched. That was the play of the fucking year too.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah. 7PM eastern JG. Didn't see any CHO though....
    edited July 2011
    Might be tomorrow. I'll check equibase in-entries tomorrow am. I know Byk was talking Cho, Hollendorfer, Sadler and I think he was talking 2yo. Not sure?
    edited July 2011
    Well, I just checked the entries thru Sunday and there is NO CHO. I don't know what the hell Steve Byk was talking about.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    John-he was talking about the 2 yr old race on Saturday. Think it was the 4th with Regal Betty.. Cho's horse is a half to Riveting Reason.. Hammerle was talking about Cho's horse in the 6th... Supposedly both are live
    edited July 2011
    Saturday July 30th.

6th 6.0 F ( Dirt) Md Sp Wt ($63K) 2yo

3 CLOUD HOPPER (TALAMO) | SHERMAN 5-2
    7 DRILL (GARCIA) | BAFFERT 2-1
    6 HURRY HOME CLOVER (GOMEZ) | MILLER 8-1
    10 RON BURGUNDY (BEJARANO) | GLATT 15-1
    4 MAJESTIC MOMENT (ROSARIO) | SADLER 4-1
    1 BIG BAD BARRY (PEDROZA) | HOLLENDORFER 12-1
    8 SHEER TALENT (ESPINOZA) | HENDRICKS 12-1
    2 GROOVIN' SOLO (QUINONEZ) | CHO 12-1
    9 SEAL THE DEAL (FLORES) | DRYSDALE 20-1
    5 DR. EVIL (SMITH) | GLATT

Another CHO 2YO out of Squall Linda, making him a half to Street Hero and Premier Pegasus. Interestingly, he's by Bob and John. The mare has tossed 5 of 6 winners.

His last couple works (as clocked by ANDY HARRINGTON), are very similar to Premier's works leading into his DELMAR debut upset.

GROOVIN' SOLO Jul 25 DMR 5 1:01H M FT C+
    Q up; grinded out a steady 5 furlongs, roused into the lane, asked late in 36.3, 101.1 out in 114.1. Better needed.---Grade: C+

GROOVIN' SOLO Jul 19 DMR 5 1:01.1H M FT C+
    Drifted out some late while asked some, last 4 furlongs in 48.3. Has some racing to put in.---Grade: C+

Too much hype IMO. 10-1 might not be enough to overcome this tough field, but 20-1 gets really enticing.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, the Baffert colt looks well meant in the 6th. Cloud Hopper's closing second to the future stakes horse Brigand gives him a huge shot, Rosario's firster is live, and he's a half to Grade 1 winner Haimish Hy. The 6,8 and 10 figure under these. WIDE OPEN - maybe we just box CHO's colt with 3,6 big, and the others 1/2 unit bets.
    edited July 2011
    CHO'S horse, Silent Saga, just ran a good 2nd in the 4th.
    In the 6th, #2 Grovin Solo, 12-1, is the other CHO horse, a firster.

Dirty, if I am reading your post correctly, you are throwing out the ml fav and going with price horses. Seems like Go Go has won everything today at a price. I like your thinking!

2--3/6
    3/6--2

1/2 wager
    2--8/10
    8/10--2

Let's get lucky!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Cho has a half-brother to Street Hero and Premier Pegasus going in the 6th today. Cho trained both of the others, btw, and Premier Pegasus won his debut @ Del Mar last year at a huge price.
    edited July 2011

Dirty, if I am reading your post correctly, you are throwing out the ml fav and going with price horses. Seems like Go Go has won everything today at a price. I like your thinking!

2--3/6
    3/6--2

1/2 wager
    2--8/10
    8/10--2

Let's get lucky!

Fucking 8,4,6,2. We had the huge super!!!!!! I didn't bet anything.
    edited July 2011
    8--3--6--2
    The Baffert firster didn't get a call and went off at 4/5 or so. CHO'S Grovin Solo looked good and came in 4th. All in all, a pretty good looking bunch of babies, could be a key race down the road.

Me and everyone still alive in late p4. Need a 7/8--1/9--4/5/8.

Got to run and twitter acct my $3,493.00 win on the super. Just kidding, I don't know what the hell twitter is!
    edited July 2011
    So much for the late p4. How I left 3 drunks off my ticket is a mystery to all. The last two races at Del Mar are a disgrace, would not even be carded at at the Sonoma County Fair.
    edited July 2011
    So much for the late p4. How I left 3 drunks off my ticket is a mystery to all. The last two races at Del Mar are a disgrace, would not even be carded at at the Sonoma County Fair.

UH. I loved Tres Borrachos, sorry you didn't see that.
    edited July 2011
    Nevertheless, late double 1---2/4/5/8/10

Some asshole twittered me this play. GOOD LUCK!
    edited July 2011
    Didn't see the post on 3 drunks until post race. I guess I was zoned out watching the rain come down. Haven't seen any since April and I sat here staring at it like I'd never seen it rain before.

Also did not see the post on FREE BEER. What kind of mojo shit is going on at DM? 3 drunks and free beer!

Going to throw together some names and numbers in the 10th and see what mojo play I can miss here!
    edited July 2011
    Didn't see the post on 3 drunks until post race. I guess I was zoned out watching the rain come down. Haven't seen any since April and I sat here staring at it like I'd never seen it rain before.

Also did not see the post on FREE BEER. What kind of mojo shit is going on at DM? 3 drunks and free beer!

Going to throw together some names and numbers in the 10th and see what mojo play I can miss here!

I only had $100 WP on the drunks, and keyed him in my losing P4. Missed FREE BEER and Flores completely.... grrr.
    edited August 2011

2--3/6
    3/6--2

1/2 wager
    2--8/10
    8/10--2

Let's get lucky!

Watching some replays and this thread came to mind. Anybody catch this VERY impressive winner next out? I missed it completely. One to follow for sure.
    edited August 2011
    As you already know, our buddy WIN PLACE CHO has several quality 2yo's this year, including Silent Saga, who was very impressive destroying straight maidens. Well here's a nice little gem - In tomorrows opener @ Del Mar WIN PLACE CHO sends out another 2yo filly named Purple Thunder in an 80k maiden claimer. Purple Thunder reportedly worked with Silent Saga in her last and was held up waiting for that one late. Prior to that she outworked another barnmate. At 15-1 on the ML I'll be firing for sure, and in the horizontal exotics as well.

Here's to hoping she doesn't scratch. Lots to like tomorrow, including a Flores @ 20-1 in the last.
    edited December 2011
    Upping for CHO.