Del Mar - Fri night

Max BMax B Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Pressing pretty hard here on the #1, Bourbon Bay tonight in the 7th at Del Mar. Very long race, endurance will play key role in determing the victor. Talamo gets the mount for Drysdale which I'm not crazy about but I do believe we have the best horse in field, and instructions from Neil to jock should be just insure a decent ride at minimum. Only viable threats would be the #4, possibly the #6 also but I certainly like our chances here. At 5-2, I'll play the win/place.... possibly an exacta box as well- 1/4/6.

GL
Max B

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    taking gutshot straight over dre's k in the 4th...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Max B wrote: »
    Pressing pretty hard here on the #1, Bourbon Bay tonight in the 7th at Del Mar. Very long race, endurance will play key role in determing the victor. Talamo gets the mount for Drysdale which I'm not crazy about but I do believe we have the best horse in field, and instructions from Neil to jock should be just insure a decent ride at minimum. Only viable threats would be the #4, possibly the #6 also but I certainly like our chances here. At 5-2, I'll play the win/place.... possibly an exacta box as well- 1/4/6.

GL
    Max B

I love when we get real cappers here.

I'm with you on this one, however not exactly excited about the price (Figured Setsuko, who looks awesome, but hangs like a gymnast, would be EVEN money on his BEYERS).

I don't want to get off Bourbon Bay, but Mike Mitchell claimed my favorite horse in training, Times Gone By, just for this race. He's done this many times with huge success. He also opened @ 2-1 off a 6-1 ML. Food for thought if he drifts up.
    edited July 2011
    also like bourbon bay maybe over the mitchell claim or the 3......didnt know drysdale was at 20% from 59 runners with a roi over 4 bones...
  • Max BMax B Member
    edited July 2011
    Still countin' the cash from last night, cha-ching cha-ching! Headed out to go camping with the family but wanted to share 1 play with my buddies here at Hrt quickly.

Sara today in the 3rd, really like Jack London #2 in this spot. Will play a simple win/place on this one at 3-1 ml.

GL
    Max B
    edited July 2011
    i like malibu glow in there...really liked this horse last out in the dwyer and he gets a class break today....
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    i like malibu glow in there...really liked this horse last out in the dwyer and he gets a class break today....

Let me finis the tri for you all with (1) Windswept as this one form cycle should be moving forward and has a good work to show he hasnt declined and has maintained good form, certainly bred for todays distance and the layoff should of done this one well.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I love it when teamwork pays dividends. Nice job gentlemen!

ran 8--1--2

$2 ex $28.60
    $2 tri $86.00
    edited July 2011
    not to shabby....