Saratoga Sunday

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
This is one tough card. The good thing is though, if you pick a winner, you'll be nicely rewarded.
Race 1- Stud Muffin was taken by Rudy for $10,000 2 back and raced okay at Belmont.
Drops to $14,000 which is still above the claim price and this one is just spotted for action
Could beat these on memory alone and it is extremely rare that Rudy would run damaged goods.
Should be fine here.
Lone competition comes from another dropper in Marquet Rebel who is beautifully turf tightened here. Either or as it's is impossible for me to separate who is better.
Race 2- Shesabronxbomber adds blinkers after useful debut and takes this with normal improvement after finding newly found early speed.
Race 3- Blue Sixty Four worked well on turf for father and son in law combo.
Barn hasn't seen the winners circle in what seems like a century but may have come up with a nice baby.
Sweet a Way finally gets to grass where she should perk up immediately. Consistent early dirt speed should transpose terrifically to the turf.
Drinksonthehouse will be murder if in as debut was giant and now the shades go on. Best of those with experience.
Queens or Better is far too ordinary to take a short price on but can definitely win here.
Race 4- Enrico Pallazzo is the lone entrant with experience and may just be best of a weak maiden claimer unless there is a sneak in here.
Never discount John Parisella anywhere. He is still as sharp as a tack and has two of the most loyal owners in the game. John is still one of the best and does a great drop not only conditioning wise, but picking the right spots.
Race 5- Singmeasong takes important class drop and should be good enough off potential speed duel, to graduate.
Pray For Grace also drops but must overcome wide draw.
Plastique should transfer to turf very well and will be a good priced one if in.
Unknown Wonder cuts back after gaining needed conditioning in okay $16,000 maiden claimer.
Race 6- Twojohnsandajack should get right to the hedge after the two inside of her take off.
Dead rock closer should be coming best in the lane in very competitive field.
Hyper is another late runner with some positional early speed making this one very dangerous.
Race 7- Make Note has been freshened and now comes back up in class when trainer had the option to put him anywhere. Love the confidence and the price will be generous on a horse who would crush these on back class.
Beau de Beaupre is scary here for rejuvenated barn and if anything near the absurd morning line, will be used on all of my tickets.
Race 8- Sydney's Candy will be loose on the lead as the best horse in the race. Nothing price wise but really difficult to go against.
Using Beau Choix and Turallure underneath in exactas and tri's.
Race 9- Dynazapper should rate in second behind Absinthe Minded and put that one away with something left for the closers in nothing but a souped up grade 1 which is really nothing more than a high range allowance.
Ask The Moon will never get a better trip unless someone gives her some acid.
Race 10- Cookram Rock is at her best on firm ground and gets that today. Only one to beat in my opinion and that is East Of Danzig who is one for one against New York Breds and has been consistently been keeping good company in Florida. Fits very well here at what should be a decent mutuel and a fine fine exacta box.
Good luck to all.
Benoit Cote

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I'll go to the grave playing ENRICO PALLAZZO !!!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Nice Post Benoit
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    W2W and I see this race one way, you and horsin another. Probably means were all wrong!

Race 6

I'm playing #2 Bishop Of Nola like the race is over. Until I see otherwise, it is hard to take a closer on any Spa surface. Nevertheless, I'm backing it up with a key #2---3/4/8

Hope everyone has a great day, or at least half as good as Horsin did yesterday. Unfuckinreal!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I looked heavy at BON too with being gate to wire at this distance. I looked beyond though having seen some of the speed break down form the first few days.
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Good Call on Ask the Moon!!!