Thursday R-3 Stga

DubyaBDubyaB Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
In this race Bruce Brown has a filly that could be very dangerous # 4 Stay Composed . I utilize DRF Breeze Fig for 2YO maidens races . They prove to be a very useful tool in cappin 2yo MdSpW races . This horse scored very high on its evaluation coming out of the Fasig Tipton EASMAY11 sale in Baltimore Md on Preakness weekend . She is a Bernstein, out of a stakes placed mare who won as a 2YO . The mare really hasn't produced much prior to her b/c she really has never been bred to anything of note . This filly punched out a 10.1 in its breeze just moving along . A very easy mover !
Full disclosure, I have a share of this horse . She has progressed nicely. I was at a function tonite in Saratoga & 2 different people gave me this horse "as a good thing '. I really don't know what to say but I would be remiss if I did not share .

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I'll be looking at the race shortly, and i will relay any pertinent info that i find on Stay Composed. Thanks for the heads-up.
    edited August 2011
    Okay, i came up with a few things on your filly. First off, she tied for the fastest furlong (10.1) at the Fasig-Tipton Mid-Atlantic sale, which is great. Here's the video of her in action:

Stay Composed - Take a look!

Secondly (and this is interesting), it appears that she used to train under a different name (Suzie Cream Cheese). It also appears that she worked in company from the gate back on July 4 with 2yo barnmate named Half Lit, who came out of that drill to run second (by one length) in a Saratoga MSW on July 24.

So all-in-all, not too shabby (especially @ 10/1), although it would''ve been nice if she hadn't been outworked recently. Good luck with her.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Ran very well. I would be lucky to ever own one that good.
    edited August 2011
    Nice second @ 7/1, congrats!
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited August 2011
    Castellano post race comments to Bruce Brown was that she is a "fast little filly". He also shared that she did everything right . The late report from the barn was that she cooled out great & dove into her feed bucket. Actually it was stated she eats like a "viking". I just hope she does not play like #4 did last year.
    Thanks to everyone who offered words of support