Thursday play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 5
#10 Harbor Mist* (15/1 ml)
Speaking of longshots. I'm sure you remember this horse from last week, when she was entered in a similar race @ 12/1 before scratching. I loved her to death that day (and i love her again here), based on the fact that she worked heads-up FIVE TIMES IN A ROW (including twice from the gate) with Pure Gossip, who came out of those drills to win a state-bred MSW by 4 lengths on Opening Day. Main concerns here are (A) the fact that she scratched the other day (although there was a 60% chance of rain in the forecast that day), and (B) the fact that she's drawn pretty damn wide here. It's worth noting that she was also drawn wide last week, which aside from the rain is the only other reason i can think of that she might've scratched last week. It doesn't appear to be health-related, as she worked out just a couple of days later, and is entered right back this week. Looks very live based on the worktab; big value here.

HRT record:

82 for 302 (27%)

$685.80 mutuels ($8.36 avg)

Comments

• donniepdonniep Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Wasn't gonna catch the winner, but easily 2nd best. And at 14-1, avery nice place payoff. Thanx for sharing!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Harbor Mist ran second @ 14/1, paying $13.20 to place.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Thank you DC. The 9 and 10 both looked fucking awesome on the track.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Nice call
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Nice call DC