Spa Wednesday--MTO play race 9

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Keep your eye on the weather, if race 9 comes off-turf, don't leave the window play, # 1A SLAMBINO, 15-1

More to follow later!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Looks as if the weather is holding for now, will have to see what it does this afternoon. Stay tuned!

In today's race 4 at the Spa, 2yo mdn $50k going 5 1/2, I am told that Johnny Kimmel has one in here who is primed for a big effort. #2 VEXOR, 5-1, had one start 2 months ago at Belmont and ran 2nd behind a Dutrow runaway winner, ARTEST, who is being pointed toward 2yo stakes races later in the meet. Vexor was pretty much taken under wraps late and still held 2nd. Since then, Johnny Kimmel has brought him up to this race with a series of very good works. Gets a jock change today from Cohen to Javier, who thinks he is on the right horse. One of the few in here who have a race and second out improvement spells improvement and improvement spells a winner. Needs a clean break against firsters who will probably be all over the place.

The Dogwood firster, RACONTEUR, 2-1 ml , is said to probably need a race and definitely needs more distance.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Looks as if the weather is holding for now, will have to see what it does this afternoon. Stay tuned!

In today's race 4 at the Spa, 2yo mdn $50k going 5 1/2, I am told that Johnny Kimmel has one in here who is primed for a big effort. #2 VEXOR, 5-1, had one start 2 months ago at Belmont and ran 2nd behind a Dutrow runaway winner, ARTEST, who is being pointed toward 2yo stakes races later in the meet. Vexor was pretty much taken under wraps late and still held 2nd. Since then, Johnny Kimmel has brought him up to this race with a series of very good works. Gets a jock change today from Cohen to Javier, who thinks he is on the right horse. One of the few in here who have a race and second out improvement spells improvement and improvement spells a winner. Needs a clean break against firsters who will probably be all over the place.

The Dogwood firster, RACONTEUR, 2-1 ml , is said to probably need a race and definitely needs more distance.

Glad I was around today. Money in the bank. Gracias.