SPA PLAYS Thursday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
One tough card today at the Spa. Got some info on a firster which may offer value.

Race 7
2yo fillies MC $75k 1 1/16 Turf

# 2 EZPZ LEMON SQUEEZE, 4-1
Word is that Linda Rice has this firster ready to fire first out. Workout tab is very good and Rice has amazing stats in these turf races Well meant today! Watch the toteboard as this may be a big backside play..

#7 LANGSYNE, 4-1
Closed well in her first going 5f at CD. Stretch out is ideal for Eddie Kenneally/Julian Leparoux 2nd time starter

#1 BYE LOVE YOU, 5-1
McPeek owned showed interest late 2 weeks ago in a 5 1/2 slop debut. Stretch out and move to turf makes alot of sense.

#6 BELLAMY ROADSTER, 7/2
Firster has a long series of works over Spa Turf Tr. Track. TAP/Johnny V. Should be placed close early and put in a good position to hit the board first out.

#2 wps
ex box 1/2/7
Tri box 2/7---2/7---1/6.

RACE 8
Hope to get lucky superfecta play

5/7---5/7---2/3/4---2/3/4

GOOD LUCK ON A DIFFICULT CARD!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    CORRECTION

the write-up is for race 5
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the insights on the 1st of two baby races .As a side I love the baby races @ Stga. I think there is often times good value available using certain angles & board watching.
    In the other one(R-9) there are several here that interest me . #6 Splendiferous is a Casse horse that is out of a mare that was 2-4 on the turf in route races . Casse is 2-11 with horses debuting under similar circumstances . He intro'ed the winner Skipadate in 2008 here under the same exact circumstances. Avoid the #7 Chanttoomuch a Kennealy horse that will take $$. I think is a trap. Though he has good DRF numbers w/ 2YO's that are posted below his PP's. He actually has AWFUL %'s with debuting 2yo's routing on the turf . 0-8 and none have hit the board .
    The horse that I am going to use with the #6 Splendiferous is the #1 Spieghtscity. Before you yell & roll your eyes. Hear me out . I know its a Speightstown & I know its Contessa . BUT Johnny V shows up on him. That only has happened once in the past 2 years in Stga. Angel books Johnny only when hes got a chance,particularly here . What I think is a huge angle for debuting 2YO's is when they have long workouts coming into the debut race . This guy has 2 useful 7F works followed by a sharp 3F speed drill. HEY NOW !
    Exacta Box 1-6
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    EZPZ Lemon Squeeze made a huge move on the turn from dead last and ran 7 wide to take the lead to only give it up late to finish 2nd. Clearlt ran 100 yards further than the winner. Much the best.

In the 9th, another 2yo race, there was a live longshot, the #2, 15-1 and bet down to 3-1. I jumped all over him and he comes into the turn well ahead and suddenly turns right to get a bowl of chowder. Tough game.

Don't forget tonight at Charles Town, Race 7, #6 GLACKETY, 9/2, I need the revenue!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Amazing 9th race #2 Knock Rock still finished 3rd after looking like he was going straight for the grandstand coming around the far turn
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    EZPZ Lemon Squeeze made a huge move on the turn from dead last and ran 7 wide to take the lead to only give it up late to finish 2nd. Clearlt ran 100 yards further than the winner. Much the best.

In the 9th, another 2yo race, there was a live longshot, the #2, 15-1 and bet down to 3-1. I jumped all over him and he comes into the turn well ahead and suddenly turns right to get a bowl of chowder. Tough game.

Don't forget tonight at Charles Town, Race 7, #6 GLACKETY, 9/2, I need the revenue!

I'll take a little ride with you JG....

CT #7 $50 WP 6 none $ 100.00 - -