saratoga picks...8-13-11

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
race2...jaw crusher ml..5-1..looks like a switch was turned on in the a.m soon has this guy hit toga..doesnt look like a bunch of studs in here so ill just go with a firster...imo with these new sire's you have to catch them early to get some prices..

race5...clear note...ml..12-1..i know i willl not get nothing close to ml..this guy has done nothing wrong in 2 starts..switches to turf with a 359 tomlinson number and a good jock in manny cruz....hopefully the pletcher expensive firster takes some action and i know chad browns horse is going to get some play....

race6...superstructure..this 2yo is bred to be nothing but a 6f dart...henny hughes want nothing past that and with his mom being out of montbrook i can only see speed in this guy coming from the rail...ml..5-1 w2w..

race7..2yo grass msw...my favorite new sire is english channel...patrice merion is 3-1 ml and is meant to be on the green..last 7 recorded works has been on the lawn...a horse im going to use underneath is #3 but you promised...i love it went you seen a bunch of works and on the dirt and just one random turf work and then he shows up in a turf event...combo the 8 and 3 in here..

best bet for today at toga..

race10...rahy's attorney...i think they gave this guy some rest after last and then put 3 average works into this old man...i just think they were shooting for this race and it came up with a real lack of speed...and wilson came here to win...dont forget she guided that 50-1 shot behind stay thirsty a couple weeks back....8-1...

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    A little info in Race 6, the 2yo race , I like your thinking on the #1, but here is a personal angle on the #7, BURNED BRIDGES, 8-1, is a NovKee purchase out of Bernardini/and a Storm Cat mare for Joe Ford. As you know, Joe Ford was D. Wayne's biggest client, but this one goes to Kiaran McLaughlin, and the name speaks for itself. The Repole/Pletcher firster, #4, could win this one by open lengths or finish up the track from his early efforts. I'm going to take a shot with an ex bx 1-4-7. Eddie Castro rides #7 Burned Bridges, and he has been instructed by the connections not to hold anything back, note also the Lucas entry in here which makes for a little rivalry.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Nice guys.. Here's a stat Steve Byk posted this am- I know stats can be made to look any way you want them too, but its interesting on TAP..

Pletcher (#4 How Do I Win) just 1 for last 14 adding hood to 2yo's in MSW's (2010-11)..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Note on Superstructure, he recently worked twice in a row with Maan (6-furlong debut winner @ Churchill).
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    imo john..."how do i win" may of went to fast prior to his debut..and now they added the hood..but i still see the 1 jumping out from the rail..also the congrats colt with those connections..im going to key the 1 over 2347 triple..
    edited August 2011
    also not in race 7 that patrice merion is a filly against the colts first out..
    edited August 2011
    I've been trying to get some info on Patrice Merion all morning to no avail. Debuts in a route and , as you mentioned, against colts. Also, note that she has no gate works, but TAP had one on thurs who didn't either and he smoked em' all! Zayat owned, and the good ones used to go to the Assman, but to install her as the ml fav, there must be something?
    edited August 2011
    Patrice Merion has been working several times with an unraced barnmate named Wait Til Dawn (who is entered tomorrow, i think), Those two were also involved in a recent team drill nwith Bellamy Roadster, who debuted in a similar two-turn turf route the other day, and was rather disappointing.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Note on Superstructure, he recently worked twice in a row with Maan (6-furlong debut winner @ Churchill).

Sitting @ 13-1 with 2 minutes to post. Fire away.
    edited August 2011
    I can't win a race @ Saratoga right now.
    edited August 2011
    Boy, do I know that feeling. Looked like all of our picks really needed a race , or two, or a drop into clm level!
    edited August 2011
    Boy, do I know that feeling. Looked like all of our picks really needed a race , or two, or a drop into clm level!

Lets hit the late pick 4. You got that.
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, going very short, $2 play= $12

8th---1/6/8
    9th---3
    10th---5/8
    11th---2

About 30 min till Arlington kicks off the big races!
    edited August 2011
    late 4......

race8..2,7,8,10
    race9...3,4
    race10...3,8
    race11...12 16 bones....
    edited August 2011
    SAR #8 $0.50 Pick-4 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,​WT,1,3,4,6,10,​WT,3,5,7,8,​WT,1,2,7,9,11,12 none $ 480.00 - -

Nothing beats a $500 guess, right.
    edited August 2011
    Nothing like getting kicked out in the first leg. How the hell can I not use a Linda Rice runner on the Weeds? I have just lost my mind. Oh, how about Linda Rice back-to-back?Come on #3 Power Blast!

BTW Dirty, If you don't hit that pick 4 I will seriously consider taking up polka dancing and becoming pen pals with Ms. Schoorr.
    edited August 2011
    On another note, in the 7th, the first time fillie, Patrice Merion, ran 3rd but was really looking good the last 100 yards or so. She will be a good one down the road, especially vs her own kind.
    edited August 2011
    Nothing like getting kicked out in the first leg. How the hell can I not use a Linda Rice runner on the Weeds? I have just lost my mind. Oh, how about Linda Rice back-to-back?Come on #3 Power Blast!

BTW Dirty, If you don't hit that pick 4 I will seriously consider taking up polka dancing and becoming pen pals with Ms. Schoorr.

Yeah. Hopefully we can string together some prices. Caught a decent price with my signature "ALL" maneuver in the first @ Del Mar. Singled the Baffert firster in the 4th, DRILL.

DMR #1 $0.50 Pick-5 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,​WT,3,4,6,7,9,​WT,1,5,7,​WT,1,​WT,1,4,5,6,7,8,9 none $ 367.50 - -

Win Place Cho has his nice colt Groovin' Solo in that race, but it was getting expensive. I'm taking a stand.
    edited August 2011
    Take Him Down. 1 Time.
    edited August 2011
    Don't look now, but Ray is alive in the pick4 and singled to the #12. GOOD LUCK RAY!
    edited August 2011
    OH, good luck Dirty, you have a better chance than Ray, but much more exposure. I assume you were referring to Winchester coming down and getting the Rahy's Attorney there at a price?

dirty alive to the 1-2-7-9-11-12

I'm pulling for both of you!
    edited August 2011
    Chea. I'm alive to get my money back and that's about it. Needed some kinda price in that sequence, although IRAD gets me out with 3g's.
    edited August 2011
    that was ugly...
    edited August 2011
    Or that. Since I'm getting drilled today, might as well Drill deeper.
    edited August 2011
    No problem with DRILL!

trhat last at the Spa was the ugliest fucking race I have ever seen at Saratoga. 66-1 shot wins by open daylight!

Only good news is that there will be a $76k carryover tomorrow. See y'all early, get to work!

dirty, hope you catch a good price on your pick 5 at Del Mar!
    edited August 2011
    No problem with DRILL!

trhat last at the Spa was the ugliest fucking race I have ever seen at Saratoga. 66-1 shot wins by open daylight!

Only good news is that there will be a $76k carryover tomorrow. See y'all early, get to work!

dirty, hope you catch a good price on your pick 5 at Del Mar!

I'm out already. I bet DRILL straight, but couldn't catch the fucking exacta. He looks like he'll be a great 2 turn horse.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    I can't win a race @ Saratoga right now.

Yeah same here!
    edited August 2011
    I had a nice $15.60 winner @ Monmouth today. A Terri Pompay firster who had worked from the gate with a horse that shipped to Saratoga and scored last week.

Btw, I have what i think is a nice one coming up @ Woodbine, perhaps as soon as next week. Will post in the Horses To Watch thread later tonight.