Young Stars Running Today...

husker70husker70 Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Some Nice 2 Yr Olds Running Today---

Spa----Race 9...even With The Wet Weather Possible...assman Likes His # 5... 'My Miss Aurelia'.....this 'Smart Strike' Filly Is A Nice One And Should Get Better...using The 5.....with The 4,6,3...top/bot...mostly Top...

Delmar----race 8----#10---- 'Glamorista'...Bafferts.....out Of 'Unbridled Song.'.using The 10 With The.....9,2,1

Good Luck..................................

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Race 7 Spa
    2 yo fillies msw $50k 6 f
    Got two in here with experience and must include.
    #1 Stopshopping Maria, 2-1, Repole/TAP/Johnny V., stumbled badly in first but came on to run very fast. A better break and this one is going to be in the mix.

#4 Delightful Magic, 5/2, Mark Casse trained showed speed in debut and held 2nd in a very fast race. 2nd out improvement puts this one in the mix..

Two first timers in here who have showed attitude in the AM when put in racing conditions.

#5 Certainty, 15-1
    Trainer thinks the light came on with this daughter of Lawyer Ron when put in the gate. Exercise rider said she is a different horse when put in hot competition, which she will have today. Cornelio will certainty ask for her best first out!

#7 Book Review, 6-1
    Is another who has shown a different AM attitude when coming out of the gate. Just can't leave out with connections of Chad Brown/Javier. Could win first out and would not surprise.

Might not pay anything, but a four horse Trifecta box 1--4--5--7

In the 2nd race, more 2yo fillies stretching out to 1 1/16 on turf, the 1 & 9 are solid plays on top and using 2/4/5 underneath.

Pick 6 is too pricey for me today. Can't get my ticket below $300
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Eileen's Dream, a $500k 2yo filly by Bernardini, goes in the Del Mar 6th. Everybody says she's the real deal, but you know how that goes. Might be my single in a TOUGH pick-6.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Eileen's Dream, a $500k 2yo filly by Bernardini, goes in the Del Mar 6th. Everybody says she's the real deal, but you know how that goes. Might be my single in a TOUGH pick-6.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61949/sweet-dreams-brings-sweet-500000-price
    edited August 2011
    From National Turf:

EILEEN'S DREAM Aug 8 DMR 5 1:00.3H M FT B+
    Breezed a tad greenly but smartly late in 37.0, 100.4 galloping out well in 113.3. Has run, for sure.---Grade: B+
    EILEEN'S DREAM Aug 1 DMR 5 :58.2HG M FT B+
    Worked in ear muffs and Bejarano up for this strong gate drill fast early, strong late in 23.2, 35.2 fast around the turn in 58.1 (22.4 turn 1/4!). Lots of run here.---Grade: B+
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited August 2011
    According to Bruno DeJulio's report the #11 Muse of Fire is also cutting it up in the AM as well . This is a very interesting group of maiden 2YO's. Using 2-8-11 in an Ex & tri box
    edited August 2011
    What happened, did we watch $1.5 million worth of horses fail? And the $500k bet on them to win...

What a game.