The Alabama

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Well this is one of the races I look forward to each year. This year we only have six entries in this great race. We have Plum Pretty from the Baffert barn and we all know when Baffert keeps them back East they will be well meant and take a ton of action at the windows. I don't see Plum Pretty winning this race as she came up short in her last two at a shorter distance. I think she hangs again today down the lane as she has had a tough campaign as of late. The we go to the favorite It's Tricky, you cannot say anything bad about this one and McLaughlin is so high on this one that it's scary. Her only career defeat was at Gulfstream for some unknown reason. Her last two races have been nothing but AWESOME, but she isn't my selection today either. Then you come to the Blackeye Susan winner in Royal Delta and we all know she was short in the CCA Oaks after dealing with a foot issue, Mott had to run her to get a race into her for this event. Mott has had a plan for her for this race since the Blackeye Susan. Then we come to Pinch Pie that looks to have no chance in this race. Her three career wins have came over the weeds and her only on the board finish on dirt was over a sloppy track, she just looks to slow for this bunch. Then we come to St. Johns River he I knew was sitting on a big race for the Ky Oaks and she showed it that day to lose at the wire. I saw this filly run twice at the Fairgrounds and is strictly a true router. Well last but not least we come to Inglorious my selection in this race. I have seen this filly up close and personal for both of her races at the Fairgrounds. I was in the paddock each day thanks to my good friend Eric Halstrom (VP / GM of Racing), also one of the hardest working guys in the industry. In both her races at the FG she ran against some of the slowest fractions you can imagine. Josie Carroll had another filly win this race in the past Careless Jewel and these two are totally different type. Careless Jewel just ran them off there feet and Inglorious is a stone cold closer. Her last race when she circled the field in a 17 horse field also against the boys was AWESOME!!! Since then she has had three strong works and is coming into this race on tilt for Carroll. I see the perfect set up for this one as she will be sitting back and when Contreras ask her she will run by them all down the lane as the distance will not be a question for this underrated filly. The price wil be right also. This is a big win, place, and show wager or me today. Note: For all who isnt' following on twitter you are missing out on some easy NFL Pre-Season winners. We are 3-0 this week!!!!!!!

gl, fb

Comments

• letsgambleletsgamble Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Where at on twitter can I get your plays fb? Thanks
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    I am boxing 2/4/5...w2w
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    My twitter is @fbwinners for those that have emailed me.

www.twitter.com/fbwinners
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Just heard from the connections of the #1 at the Spa in Race 1, they are going to try and steal this race from the break!!!! FWIW!!!!! 12/1 ML
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    FB, rearding the Alabama....Inglorious in the Queens Plate had a extremely quick half to work with 47.68, which set up for the closers. It would not surprise me at the SPA to see a 50+second first half....which if the case would mean any of the the 6 are capable of a last quick quarter..the question is how many lengths will Inglorious be back if indeed a 50 or 51 is recorded at the half mile pole and be able to gain on the rest of the field...It is impressive winning a race with 17 horses in it and now only 6..certainly there will be no traffic probelms...I hope you get another 47+...but I really don't think so at the SPA...I see a very comfortalbe pace of over 50 for the half