Delaware Park Tuesday Race 8

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
OC $40k n2x 3 & up 1 mile turf

Key scratches make for a play at possibly a big price. There are two in here who will try turf for first time and another who is the class of the field coming back from injury in second start back and his first back was a winner.

#1 LENTENOR, 6-1
Class of the group. Had injury but came back a winner. 2nd start back means improvement.

#6 GAITHER DRAW, 12-1
Hobby says he has never seen a horse improve like this one. Son of Smarty Jones makes turf debut and has the speed to easily carry the 1 mile distance.

#10 UNCLE BRENT, 8-1
Yea, I know what y'all are saying, especially Mike, but this one time promising star is rounding back into prime form and also has the speed and pedigree to handle the surface change. Lynn Whiting thinks that today is the day!

THE PLAY:

EXACTA BOX 1---6---10

GOOD LUCK

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    On another note of interest( at least to me) is the next race for my 3yo fillie, GLACKETY. She must have figured out that we were going to put her in the Feb brood mare sale, because her first back from a refresher was a solid 2nd. Today, she went 3f in 36 flat at the Bowie tr center. Chris Grove has her entered Sunday at the Timonium Maryland State Fair. She should absolutely love that bull ring and we expect a very good performance. For some unknown reason, she always takes a shitload of action so it matters not if everyone on HRT puts a wad down! In time, she may earn her way back to the NYRA circuit. I sure as hell hope so since she is a NY bred.