Books on horseracing

ryanheasliryanheasli Junior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Hello:

Any good "primers" on horseracing. I don't get a chance to watch the sport to much, but I really like it and would like to learn more. I drive down from Burlington, Vermont to Saratoga a few times every August.

Also anyone know any good twitter feeds for horseracing. My twitter is: twitter.com/ryanheaslip.

Thanks,
Ryan Heaslip

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I always recommend "Betting Thoroughbreds" by Steve Davidowitz.

Funny you mention Twitter, i was talking to a guy yesterday who said that he really enjoys reading the Twitter feeds of Bob Baffert, Joe Talamo, etc. He said Baffert often tweets his live ones about an hour before they run. Whether that's actually true, i have no idea.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011

Funny you mention Twitter, i was talking to a guy yesterday who said that he really enjoys reading the Twitter feeds of Bob Baffert, Joe Talamo, etc. He said Baffert often tweets his live ones about an hour before they run. Whether that's actually true, i have no idea.

That's for sure true. It was a good thing until the TVG buffoons ruined it.

Following English and Australian trainers and jockeys on twitter for their plays is the real hustle. You just can't get down for too much.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011

And he says this about yesterday:

"I think Coil might have set off an Earth Quake today on the East Coast after work ."
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    This book below is a great book on Turf racing. I have read it about 4 times and learn something new each and every time I read it. You can purchase it at amazon or drf. Speaking of twitter you can follow me as I post horse selections and other great tid bits in the sports industry. www.twitter.com/fbwinners

"Go for the Green" by Bill Heller
  • ryanheasliryanheasli Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks guys...I would definitely recommend twitter as a good information source. You don't have to tweet to take advantage of it. I mainly follow "newsmakers" and not friends. Really enjoy reading articles that people link to. Just a good news source.