Saratoga Saturday One Play!

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Total: -$209.00

$20 to show on all K. Desormeax Grass mounts: -$113.00
No Mounts

Do like a few horses today but not gonna post any being that Ive been sooooo cold with these picks. But I will post a horse that I really like today and will lay it in heavy on him!

Race 10: #1 Ice Box

I've been waiting for this horse to run back after his first start off of the layoff back in July. Watched the race that day and thought along with everyone else why was this horse on the lead? A dead closer trying to go wire to wire. After the race I heard that the instructions given by Zito were to shoot this horse to the lead, there is no speed in the race. Did manage to finish 3rd. After hearing that thought basically Zito just used this race as a 1 1/8 tightener for the bigger race down the road and didn't really care where this horse finished. Threw 3 bullets works in him at 4 furlongs since and now he is enetered today in the 750,000 Woodward. Zito is more overdue to pull a shocker at Saratoga than anyone (Even me on this cold streak) and always seems to get one and I think today is the day. I look for this horse to break last and drop back some 15+ lengths and make a big run at the end. Graveyard of favorites lives up to its name today and we get this long shot!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Comments

• tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited September 2011
    Taking a shot in the Woodward with Mission Impazible. His race two back was as exceptional and his last was horrible. Figures to sit just behind Rule. Should get something close to 10:1.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    im on the wagon today mike...lets get some money today...also like regal ranson but hes in a tough spot today..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow i can jinx any horse running at saratoga! Yeah Great ride, saved ground and kept him somewhat close to the pace on the inside then decided to drop him back going down the backstretch! How bout drop him back early then make a run at the end?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    i tell you this.....jose lost me as a better....he have became the pat day/jerry bailey to me...he has gave starformer 2 bad trips now...i cant bet him now.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Funny you say that. When I was at saratoga this year I was standing around the winners circle after a race and I seen Zito come running down from the clubhouse and ran out onto the track and gave Jose a lashing he was screaming at him then I looked down at the program and realized the horse they had was supposed to lay back off of the pace but Jose had him right up there dualing with the leaders. I mean the horse was 15-1 and had no real shot in the race but it was just the point the horse had nothing left coming around the far turn and just stopped. Kinda funny cause Zito was laying into him