Spa Race 8--Personal Ensign Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Without HDG and BL in here, this is wide open. I'm taking a flyer with #4 PROTESTING, 6-1

Shug finally quit screwing around in last and put this Phipps homie back on dirt. The result was a runaway winner in a time which is good enough to win this one. One work since was under restraint, but she was full of run. The 1 1/4 distance is well within her range. The #3, Patchattack, is a major player if she takes to dirt, which she did in tall fashion in Europe before trying the turf and Arlington poly upon arrival in USA. TAP has serious concerns about Flay's Super Expresso getting this demanding distance, and Wolfson feels the same on the ml fav #2, Ask The Moon, especially after she drifted out in last at shorter distance. Hobby thinks that #6 Tiz Miz Sue will run evenly and has a real shot to place well in here if the fav's back up late.

#4 wps
4---2/3/6 exotics

In the Forego, race 9, do not discount #7 Aikenite. He is as good as ever and been pointed for this race since last spring. Pay no attention to his works, he is a lazy fart in the mornings but when race day comes he is all business! I am using him in exotic key in all four (4) spots with the 1/2/4.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I heard weaver horse in race 2 is a goodie for the future
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Probably down the road. #12 Corinthian's Jewel, 12-1, been working long for debut, works are pretty good. George thinks 1st race is always a crapshoot, but definitely one to watch .

TAP made some comments to the media about Aikenite being placed closer today, but I can assure you that is not the case. Aikenite is a horse who has a mind of his own and he will only begin his late run when he wants to. Javier was told by Cot and Jack of Dogwood to just sit back and he will know when Aikenite wants to go. Connections just hope today is one of those days when he decides to run his race. Abundance of speedy colts sets him up as good as it gets!

Good Luck Today!
    edited September 2011
    Sorry About Your Yesterday, I Know You Must Be Feeling Bad
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Oh HELL NO! I felt bad last year when she got smoked by 31 lengths.

Every $2500 helps pay stall fees.

Speed was king at Timonium yesterday and she did make up some ground late, just too far back early. Chris said he will look for a 7f or one turn mile coming up at Laurel. Maybe the added distance will get her back to the winner's circle!
    edited September 2011
    Best Of Luck To You. I Know You Try Hard To Help Us All With Your Plays And I Thank You For That.