Belmont opening day

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1- 7) Wedding in Sorano must really be a nice horse not only to win for Colum O'Brien but did it off a layoff. No telling how good this one is but certainly light years better than these.
A key in doubles and pick 3's and tri's keying Dennis Lalman underneath.
Race 2- 4) Al's Lark goes back to level of last win and race is loaded with front runners to set it up for him. Looks too easy.
Race 3- 4) Jeanbabtiste Carot is a stone closer but class wise dominates these. Payout certainly helps our cause and think this one will sweep these away.
2) Black Diablo has done a major turnaround for new barn that had a bad meet at Saratoga. Improves further today but not enough to beat Jeanbabtiste.
7) Grounded Love draws the worst of it again. Will eventually get through this condition but needs the right scenario and this ain't it.
Race 4- 5) Spring Breeze showed good speed in two wet track sprints and now adds blinkers for fast track debut and it only one of two with experience.
2) Siberian Wildcat is the other and strange for Contessa to shell out $46k for a non New York bred. Comes out of same two races as Spring Breeze and improvement is likely.
Race 5- 4) Beacon Hill Road is the absolute lock of the century but Servis doesn't put cripples on the track and wouldn't waste his time to find a restricted claimer when he can just drop him Jersey.
Jogs here.
Race 6- 1) Skiddle's and Bob's two turf races are eons better than anything that this field has done combined. A key in everything.
Race 7- 9) Don't Fouli Houli should be loose on the lead and certainly has the talent to beat these. Need only fend off pocket sitting 1) Concert Stage to wire plodding bunch.
4) Sour has shown versatility and talent in both turf races and is a good longshot in paceless race.
Race 8- 9) Ventura Bar adds lasix and stretches off two sprints. 1) Trade is the best of the entry if he goes. 7) Takes the Gold will be severely over bet stretching off one sprint. Lone speed though will be staggering in the lane without me.
Race 9) 4) Bold Hawk adds blinkers and need only beat Grassy to the punch to get this 1 and 3/8 mile sprint in the books. The latter is a super nice turf horse and runs his race every time. The one to beat for sure.
Race 10- 7) Carson Bandit is the absolute only speed and likes the turf. Will never find a better spot.

Comments

• FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    That Wedding In Sorano is such a big price. Must be the connections.
    It is significant that this horse won off a layoff because this is one of those barns that races their stock into condition. I think he's coming right back here and anything near 3-1 is very fair.
    I'm betting him to win, a cold DD 7/4 and a cold pick 3 7/4/4
    edited September 2011
    The 6th stays the same for me. the fifth, I'm using 13,14,15 in the pick 4 and the good turf changes nothing for me except a little less confidence.
    Good luck to all.
    edited September 2011
    Al's Lark was a terrible pick by me. Not to say I'd have the winner but he was certainly usable in pick 4's and I didn't use him.
    Terrible pick. Time to regroup and focus.
    edited September 2011
    I am going after this number as I really dislike the favorite.
    Jeanbabtiste has to come from the clouds but I think he's best of a weak field.
    Betting him to win and place. A 2/4 exacta box and triples 4/2/all 4/all/2
    I'm hoping they just overbet the 5 and 7 and that my horse isn't dead on the board.
    I don't know how to tell but I guess I'll find out.
    edited September 2011
    What a difference one race makes. All but out on one cheapie exacta. Looking forward to the late pick 4 but love the fact I can't get hurt today regardless of the rest of the card.