Uncle Mo pointing to the Dirt Mile, or so it seems...

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
According to this article, he's currently scheduled to go in the one-mile Kelso Handicap on the Jockey Club Gold Cup undercard. Showdown with The Factor looming after all?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/64974/uncle-mo-stay-thirsty-work

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I read some where from Repole, he really wants to go to the BC Classic with Mo.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    That would be a pretty tall order for Uncle Mo. Just not enough time left, i don't think. He comes off a several-month layoff due to a medical condition, has one 7-furlong race under his belt, and we're half-way through September. Besides, Repole already has one of the Classic favorites with Stay Thirsty.

Who knows what these guys wil do, but i think a Classic run by Uncle Mo would be very imprudent. It's just hard to see it happening.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Looks as both Mo and Stay Thirsty will go to the classic is all goes well.

Belmont: Uncle Mo, Stay Thirsty both gearing up for Breeders' Cup Classic | Daily Racing Form
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Says Repole:

“I grew up watching 25 years of the Classic, not 25 years of the Dirt Mile,’’ he said. “I want to run both of those horses in the Classic then watch it come to down to a Blame-Zenyatta duel down the stretch only it’s Uncle Mo and Stay Thirsty coming down the stretch. I’ll be rooting for a dead heat.’’

Very realistic outlook, eh? But i guess Uncle Mo belongs to him, so whatever. I also got a kick out opf the Pletcher comment saying that Uncle Mo has a "great foundation". When's the last time he went two turns? March? And since then he's done what? Sat on the bench with some kind of illness, then ran in a single 7-furlong race @ Saratoga?

Can't really knock the horse, i've always liked him and still do, but his connections are on crack.

PS - I remember when Quality Road wa srushed into the Classic by Pletcher after similarly returning from injury with an impressive sprint race @ Saratoga. I don't have to tell you how that turned out...
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I hope Mo goes in the Classic. He'll be an easier bet-against than Quality Road, who was also an easy bet-against.

It would be more fun if he ran in the Sprint. But they killed the sprint by coming up with the stupid dirt mile.