Winter Memories

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Did you guys see the run by Winter Memories today? What an electrifying late turn of foot! It was helped of course by the ridiculously slow fractions, but still, it's not often you see a horse move like that. She also had a heaping spoonful of traffic trouble (again).

Here's the replay:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/BEL/2011/9/17/9/garden-city-s-gr-1

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    It was amazing!!!!
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited September 2011
    'spoonful of traffic trouble" = PERFECT TRIP
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Just watched the race wow. Thought her run 2 back was good but after watching this forget it!
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Winter Memories is a complete knucklehead. When you get into trouble as often as she does, it's fairly evident she has a low racing IQ. Then again, her talent is undeniable.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    She does seem to make a habit out of it.
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited September 2011
    This horse gets into TRIVIAL trouble. The kind of trouble that Eric Donovan is obsessed with. In terms of the race setup, the kind of trouble she's gotten into translates to PERFECT TRIPS. She couldn't possibly have gotten a better one last race. While all the others were ALL OUT she was drafting behind them. When Castellano finally took her around the pack, late stretch, she was a fresh horse that merely had to run past tired ones.

Compare her ride around the turn, drafting on the inside part of the track behind horses --NOT ASKED TO RUN -- with Castellano's ride on Strikesalinethruit, the same day. That one was WIDEST, without cover and BIDDING ON the turn. It's all about timing and position. She's real good at last moving horses when she gets drafting trips. Her previous race, when she actually had to run BEFORE the last mover (Hungry Island), she quit big time. If I had a closer in a race with her, I'd instruct my jock to only move when she does. Then again, this assumes connections with a clue.