Internet Site

john5john5 Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Can anyone direct Me to a site that accepts LAY betting action from USA residents ?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Betfair? I don't think they're accepting lays in the USA yet, but i could be wrong.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Betfair? I don't think they're accepting lays in the USA yet, but i could be wrong.

Oh, you would know buddy. It changes EVERYTHING (there were a billion issues when it made a move into the Australian market). It's a complicated (READ: REALLY, REALLY COMPLICATED) issue, that needs much oversight, and potentially impacts thousands of jobs. It also makes for much greater ease in cheating (remember that big Betfair tennis fix?) and even extortion.

However, it's a great idea in many respects. I would certainly love to get fixed prices on many of the firsters/improving types that seem to get crushed. I'm also very visual, and can often pick the winner at the 3/8th's pole.

Finally, many of the real consistent winners are using stock-trading type software to make high volume, high frequency trades that ensure a "small profit" every time. I believe the last uproar was caused when Betfair added an additional tax to these software generated profits.

I'm not even sure Costa Rica allows it. I'm always curious, if you have more info feel free to share.