Hanson---wow!!!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Almost white 2yo out of Tapit just destroyed a decent field at Turfway. No value at 1/2 and will probably not offer much better at BC, but worth watching the replay race 6. Not sure about the final time yet, but the fractions were hot and he drew off to win by 12 lengths and was wrapped up late. Will probably be a high 90's Beyer!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    It was race 7, and it is spelled HANSEN
    got too excited to list right info!
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    80 bsf.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I watched it and he ran better than his maiden win. He is headed to the BC juvy and I love how white he is!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I love how white he is

Racist ban.

Lol. Anyway, pretty impressive performance by the young colt, who apparently won his debut in romping fashion as well? Thanks for posting this, i was completely unaware of this guy's presence. Will have to do some research on him. What really catches my eye here however is how much he slowed down during the latter portion of the race (despite drawing off to win by the huge margin). He went from 46/111 early down to 138/145 late. The numbers don't seem to correspond at all, though i'm completely unaware of how they stack up against other Turfway Park numbers. I do know that place tends to run on the slow side (to a pretty large degree), so i'm currently thinking the early fractions seem to be more out-of-character as far as Turfway is concerned. And i guess they might also explain why he slowed down so much. I dunno, but i will definitely take a look at the charts and try to sort this thing out in preparation for the Breeders Cup. What are you guys impressions of him as we head towards Churchill Downs?
    edited September 2011
    Just took a quick look at the summary results for Saturday.

Hansen went 1 1/16 miles in 145.63. The two stakes for older horses at the same distance that day went in 144.90 and 144.71, respectively. Granted, they're older horses and SHOULD run faster, but still, it's probably not the best of signs for our gray friend.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    but that was his first time going two turns?????i saw his maiden going 105.1 at turfway i think that is pretty good....keep him on a small track so the price is better bc time..
    edited October 2011
    Hansen is entered in the Juvenile...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    10-1 ml...
    edited November 2011
    Great post, John! Thanks for getting the word out there on this guy...

Anybody bet him today? I'm sorry to say that i underestimated the horse. I was on Drill today.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I ended up using him and Union Rags in the P4. This was the most thrilling race of the weekend, and a wonderfully gutsy effort by Hansen. Union Rags appeared to lose concentration in the stretch, but still a nice wire jobbie.

I was 4 x 4 to complete the p4 after this race, and I had Dross on the back end. But I don't think I would have used Court Vision if I went 11-deep.
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    To be quite honest, after watching the race I still wouldn't bet Court Vision. I told my son he should be 150-1 in this race
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited November 2011
    HORSE Distance Ft. Delta D (ft)

Hansen 5648 ---

Union Rags 5725 77

Creative Cause 5686 38

Dullahan 5658 10

Take Charge Indy 5642 -6

Crusade 5670 22

Fort Loudon 5709 61

Optimizer 5672 24

Speightscity 5673 25