Delaware Baby Race Tuesday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 6 2yo msw 6f

Cowboy Larry Jones has sent most of his runners to Keeneland, but he keeps two here for their debut on dirt. Word is that both are ready to run and Larry wanted them to debut on dirt, not the Keeneland poly. 1A Mark Valeski, 6-1, is said to be the more ready of the two.

#3 Winoneforthezipper, 10-1, has two starts already and showed much improvement 2nd out. 3rd time may be the charm at a very good price?

#4 Barefoot Mailman, 3-1, $350k purchase at obs March is owned by Fox Hills, aka Rick Porter of Havre de Grace fame, and does not go with Cowboy Larry. Instead, goes to Steve Hobby. Son of Old Trieste is bred to win early and his sires win in TVG BC Sprint shows an ability to speed his way to a debut win. However, Hobby is not known for 1st out winners but I get the word that this one is special. Jock Joe Rocco has been told to get him out quick and don't look back!

Ex Bx 1---3---4

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Corrections galore

The 1A Mark Valeski, 6-1, has a previous race where he got left behind at the start. Expect a better start today.

#4 Barefoot Mailman, is out of Silver Train, who is out of Old Trieste.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Thanks, i will definitely be take a look at this one. Will report back in this thread tonight with whatever i'm able to find...
    edited September 2011
    I just realized trhat today is Tuesday (duh). For some reason, i thought this race was tomorrow.
    edited September 2011
    Nothing of note on Mark Valeski's recent worktab, but he did look pretty good in the replay of his debut (about 2.5 months ago).
    edited September 2011
    6th race - Delaware Park - September 27, 2011

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
    1A Mark Valeski 5.20 3.00 2.40
    2 Ancient Rome 3.80 3.80
    6 Color Cam 4.00

:toast: