Santa Anita play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 5

#11 Sentry Duty (6/1 ml)

Really impressed with this horse when i looked at the replay of his last race. Broke well but was taken back to stalk along the inside, and was pretty much buried down there until the stretch run, when he moved up from behind the wall while appearing to have some run, then squeezed through a tight opening along the rail and was dead-game down the stretch despite racing in very tight quarters. No quit in this guy at all. Making it even more impressive is that the time of this race was quite strong, and it stacks up pretty well against that of the 5/2 ml favorite Field Report, whom it should be noted was unable to pass either of the two horses in front of him down the stretch, despite racing in the clear (and @ odds of 3/5). Note that Sentry Duty now moves to the outside after getting stuck down on the rail (in traffic), and should get a much better trip this time. Excellent value on this guy; think he ranks right up there with the favorite.

HRT record:

84 for 308 (27%)

$697.40 mutuels ($8.30 avg)

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Santa Anita - Race 5

#11 Sentry Duty (6/1 ml)

Really impressed with this horse when i looked at the replay of his last race. Broke well but was taken back to stalk along the inside, and was pretty much buried down there until the stretch run, when he moved up from behind the wall while appearing to have some run, then squeezed through a tight opening along the rail and was dead-game down the stretch despite racing in very tight quarters. No quit in this guy at all. Making it even more impressive is that the time of this race was quite strong, and it stacks up pretty well against that of the 5/2 ml favorite Field Report, whom it should be noted was unable to pass either of the two horses in front of him down the stretch, despite racing in the clear (and @ odds of 3/5). Note that Sentry Duty now moves to the outside after getting stuck down on the rail (in traffic), and should get a much better trip this time. Excellent value on this guy; think he ranks right up there with the favorite.

HRT record:

84 for 308 (27%)

$697.40 mutuels ($8.30 avg)
    LIKE HIM TO CAT....ALONG WITH THE 5 AND 9...5 WILL BE TOUGH.....
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Here is a bomb that I'm hearing good things about, I would suggest use him in the exotics along with your others (Aldadino).
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Poor performance by Sentry Duty; finishes off the board.