Belmont Saturday

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Expecting fast and yielding.
Race 1- 3) Mississippi Duel needed last, his first trying a route and now draws a cozy inside spot with main competition draws way outside.
12) Unbridled Command is that competition and must overcome the wide draw but has the talent to be a major foe.
Race 2- 2) Two Months Rent had impossible trip racing in a grade 2 as a maiden. Graduates today barring an unforeseen incident.
6) Never On Time should love the grass but lacks the conditioning and experience to deal with Two Months Rent. Watch for next time.
Race 3- 2) How Do I Win is the absolute only speed and fresh off of two fast paced sprints upstate.
Race 4)- 1) Assured Victory draws the hedge with some hidden ability and the versatility to win from on or off the pace. Nice price expected from great but low profile connections.
Race 5)- 8) Stacelita is a brilliant filly and moves up on soft turf. Beatable though in nice group.
3) Emerald Beech and 4) Aruna are both closing threats and also like soft turf.
Race 6- 1) Cape Blanco is an absolute lawnmower and this is the stepping stone to the Breeders Cup.
Race 7- 1) Calibrachoa is an imposing sprinter on fast ground and will have a tremendous pace to close into. Acid test today but drawn well and price will be right.
2) Force Freeze was scary in first U.S. start on a track unkind to speed. Draws the rail and will be an all out go from the bell but again, price will be fine and this one I believe is the quickest of the early speed.
Race 8- 1) Jersey Town makes third start off the bench and expecting him to take control at the start and wire this better than it looks field.
Race 9- 5) Havre De Grace has beaten much better and should notch this grade 1 tuneup for the Breeders Cup.
Race 10- 4) Stay Thirsty should make first run of the closers but must hold off Drosselmeyer who is fresh, fit and dangerous.
Race 11- 5) Great Privilege had no shot in return from long rest. Figures to be loose today and love the barn.
1) Polaris Dream is the main threat from the rail and tough as nails if the top one tires.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Love most of your picks, but not all.

In the 2nd, take a look at Silver Max

in the 3rd, I'm playing a very big Exacta Box with How Do I win with Love To Run

In the 5th, I'm all over Aruna, who should go off at around 5-1 with Stacilita getting the big play.

Nevertheless, great analysis and good handicapping.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!

Weather is a big question mark as of this post?
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Races 1,2,4,and 11 are off the turf
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited October 2011
    I haven't looked but with the already SMALL fields, after scratches, they just might set the record for smallest field card total today. Does it really matter, to the bettor, if they have a high quality card if they card's not betable?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    tmffm wrote: »
    I haven't looked but with the already SMALL fields, after scratches, they just might set the record for smallest field card total today. Does it really matter, to the bettor, if they have a high quality card if they card's not betable?

Agree
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you all for your feedback.
    This is truly a great board.
    Unfortunately the track is muddy with only the stakes remaining on the turf meaning today I am only a spectator.
    Good luck to everybody and there are certainly some fun races on this card to watch.