HEAVY RAIN @ Belmont--Friday Night

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm sittinh here 4 miles from track in Garden City LI and it is pouring down hard!!!

Expect the early card to be muddy/off

Hpoe it dries out by the G I races.

Spent most of the day today with TAP, Mott, Clement, and others. Good info but what the hell does it matter with these small fields. Just ran into Hammerin Hank Goldberg in the lobby, and that confused young man is going to try to beat HDG. I couldn't talk him out of it, I told him that he was really steppin' out on that one and he responded that he is paid to do just that, but he really thinks Royal Delta can win. He is so mislead!!!!!

I just read the posts on W2W's daughter and I'm pulling for her more than words can say!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Absolut Consensus that if you are not within 3 lengths of the lead on this wet track, dirt or turf, you are fucked!!!

Ran that way all day today and expect the same tomorrow. This bit of wisdom comes from about 14 trainers.

Handicap accordingly?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks My favorite play of the day was Ice Box and I was expecting him to come from at least 10-15 lengths back.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, anyone who was watching the Yankees game last night got a good look at the heavy rain. More expected today, also. Turf course will be nice and soft for the graded stakes; non-graded races are all off the turf today.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Absolut Consensus that if you are not within 3 lengths of the lead on this wet track, dirt or turf, you are fucked!!!

Ran that way all day today and expect the same tomorrow. This bit of wisdom comes from about 14 trainers.

Handicap accordingly?

I swear I will never go against anything you ever post again! Ice Box sucks and never had a shot!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Just ran into Hammerin Hank Goldberg in the lobby, and that confused young man is going to try to beat HDG. I couldn't talk him out of it, I told him that he was really steppin' out on that one and he responded that he is paid to do just that, but he really thinks Royal Delta can win. He is so mislead!!!!!

Perhaps the easiest 2/5 I have ever seen. Plus - breakage got you $2.90.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    The only horse to close all day at Belmont was my selection in the Jockey Gold Cup, Drosselmeyer!!!!!!