Super Sat Notes & Sun Plays

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
This is my last day at BEAUTIFUL BELMONT PARK!
My thoughts on yesterday, in no particular order are as follows:

1. What else can you say about HDG. She was a handful in the paddock. Lead pony had to block the stall to keep her from running off and Cowboy Larry had a hell of a time getting her saddled. Thereafter, she pricked her ears and confidently starred down all her opposition in the walking ring. She has muscle on top of muscle and is the best looking horse, colt or fillie, on the track on Super Saturday. I don't think Ramon moved a bit until they turned for home, then he gave her a good whack and she took off. Come Breeder's Cup classic, I know what well I'm drinking from!

2. UNCLE MO. Comeback story of the century. To me, he still looks a little thin, but when he was asked by Johnny to go he lowered his head and looked like the colt we all thought was special.

3. REPOLE POSSE. I would guess that Mike Repole had 2 or 3 hundred friends and family members present. A more vibrant group than you could imagine. After the Gold Cup when Stay Thirsty took a face full of mud and ran 3rd, I was on the escalator next to Mike and told him to keep his chin up. He thanked me and we talked briefly about Mo and the BC. I'm on record now as being a fan of Repole. This guy is sincere and he went out of his way to talk to people all day. Good for the sport and the NYRA customers love him.

On To Sunday:

Weather now is ok, but the tracks will still have moisture. These selections are pre-scratch:

1st---2/6/7
2nd---1/4/8
3rd---1/4---1/4---3/5
4th---5/8/11
5th---1/5/13
6th---4/6/9/12
7th---Key #3 Seeker over the 4/6/8
8th---3/4/10
9th---1/2/5/10th---2/7/10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited October 2011
    I can not agree with you more . I too had a brief encounter with Repole in Toga as well . He is a good dude . He is great for the sport . I just hope Pletcher's operation doesn't drain him and/or turn him off to the game. I still think Uncle Mo's physical issues can be directly attributed to Teflon Todd's program.(i.e.Life at Ten)
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Don't start grave diggin TAP's system quite yet. I have a two year old in his barn now. In six months I may be the biggest fan, and/or, critic of TAP. I just hope to hell it is the former!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    3. REPOLE POSSE. I would guess that Mike Repole had 2 or 3 hundred friends and family members present. A more vibrant group than you could imagine. After the Gold Cup when Stay Thirsty took a face full of mud and ran 3rd, I was on the escalator next to Mike and told him to keep his chin up. He thanked me and we talked briefly about Mo and the BC. I'm on record now as being a fan of Repole. This guy is sincere and he went out of his way to talk to people all day. Good for the sport and the NYRA customers love him.

I'm only 30. Think he would adopt me?
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited October 2011
    Molly Jo Rosen is reporting on her blog that Blind Luck is off to the farm rather than BreedersCup 2011.