Thursday at Belmont

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1- If on turf, 3) Sovereign Crisis is clearly the classiest closer in a race filled with tiring speed.
A longshot in the bunch just inside of him is 2) Miners Tune who has an afinitiy for a softish turf and will be coming like gangbusters late.
On dirt, 10) Life's Measure is an MTO out of jail and up in class for barn that hasn't done nearly this well since it's infamous return to the game.
I still dislike the connections a great deal but won't let a prejudice keep me from a winner.

Race 2- 3) Illegally Blonde is fresh and back on dirt going a route of ground on dirt for the first time.
2) Disposable Pleasure is terribly ordinary but a factor nonetheless in weak field.

Race 3- 7) Cardsontablefaceup gets the nod at a hideous price in super weak restricted 10.
Any alternative ideas would be welcome.

Race 4- On turf, 1) Cupolatte has attempted grass three times but got rained off every time. Homebred gets once chance from me in weak field.
On dirt, 12) So Much Heart is a great bomb with enough hidden ability on dirt to destroy these. Really hoping this comes off so I can key this price in the pick 4.

Race 5- 3 possilbilities for me and not necessarily in this order. 4) Neat Lightning takes the always potent Sullivan Lane drop and that could be enough.
1) Suave Ending goes out for Bruce and everything of his is running.
8) Gin Cat should get perfect outside trip but for weak barn.

Race 6- 1) Scotchirish is the inside speed and price will be right for barn having good meet for them.
3) Greeleys Law has never raced this cheaply and will be coming late.
6) Praying For Mike has patented 2 to 3 day before race workout in third lifetime start. Watch out.

Race 7- 2) Humble and Hungry is a cinch from the hedge as the most talented, versatile, and adoration for a softish turf.
5) Hyper is the lone competition.
No opinion on dirt.

Race 8- 2) Hollywood Left has a towering ability edge on these and it's kind of hidden in the lines. Best bet of the day for sure.

Race 9) Too many possibilities in the last so buying the race.
Hope the races stay on the grass labeled good to yielding and a fast main track.
Good luck all.

Comments

• FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I am a gracious loser as well as when I win. I just really hate it when I think I'm winning every step of the way and then don't.
    How in the world did Humble and Hungry not get up in the 7th at Belmont??
    I never could have used the winner despite the fact that he was well bet. I just hate that I have to load up now on Hollywood Left.
    9 more tomorrow and more importantly, everyone on board spare a thought for wire2wire's daughter.
    She is very ill and while she's likely to recover, any and all support is helpful.
    Goodnight,
    Ben