Happy Columbus Day at Belmont

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1- Too tough for me.

Race 2- 8) Marquet Rebel makes first start at the meet for Bruce who has won with just about every horse that fit this bill.
9) Metrology- goes for scalding barn and is the right one if the top one doesn't show up. But don't count on that.

Race 3- 1) Grandpa Len looked like a stone bet against until seeing the rest of the speedless field.
Down the turnpike.

Race 4- 1) Wild Party was involved in suicidal duel on day that favored outside off the pace trips.
Draws the rail.
3) Skorton goes for rejuvenated barn for the first time and lone dirt start was better than it looks.
7) Bizarroworld- dueled with the top one but must overcome outside draw and have the ability to rate.

Race 5- 6) Magic Box has been well cared for by tremendous barn and won't be a maiden for long.
9) Drinksonthehouse has remained in two off the turfers with the best turf form of the field. Dangerous despite cooled off barn.

Race 6- 7) J C's Queen gets huge rider change for barn despite their goose egg for the meet, if you check their individual races, they are almost always overmatched and the one time they had a contender, Sheza Heartbreak, that one missed a head and would have won with a cleaner trip.
Nice price and arguably the best here on paper.

Race 7- 2) Gossip Column and 4) Winston C. Coin toss.

Race 8- 5) Petey Cramer is the clear inside speed but barn is colder than a mausoleum. Proceed with caution.
6) Grey Foose gets one shot on grass and should be sitting a loose pocket to the top one.
3) Wee Freudian can pick up the pieces if race falls apart.

Race 9- 5) Elusive Pearl was ultra impressive in grass debut and should have a bright future.

Race 10- 1) Outstanding Hope will have the lead in one step and is perfectly spotted for Belmont invasion for barn that never shows up without the goods.
8) Ballast is well meant today but will have to make up lots of ground.
3) Big Jerome finds nice spot for return. Prepping for longer?????

Comments

• tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited October 2011
    Race 2:

#3, Show Trial -- will be running late
    #8, Marquet Rebel
    #6, Coljak
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited October 2011
    R5-6 DOUBLE

R5:
    #1, Strikealinthruit -- poor ride last out; the cutback should really help this one, in a field where few appear able to get 7F.
    #6, Magic Box: have to use the chalk

R6:

#6, Dracup: only one of chaser to gain (and not go backwards) in the stretch last out -- huge race
    #7, J C's Queen: knocking on the door
    #10, Split Pot: huge race 6/22 -- longshot
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited October 2011
    That's a FUCKIN CRUSH. After the idiot Castro got me beat @ 9:1 in the 2nd, I was due.
    I played this the right way, too. I didn't use Levin's horse in the doubles, as I really loved the 1. I only saved with a 6/1 exacta in the 5th. Nice when it works out.

Belmont - Race 5
    # Win Place Show
    1 $10.00 $4.50 $3.10
    9 . $5.30 $4.20
    5 . . $6.60

Belmont - Race 6
    # Win Place Show
    7 $14.00 $6.30 $4.40
    1 . $4.30 $2.90
    3 . . $7.40

$1.00 Double 1/7 $61.25

P.S. The trip handicapping GuRU, Serling, threw out the 1 in the 5th -- too many chances for him. Even though she got that IDIOT ride by Castellano last out. And, Castellano chose the 6 over the 1, so he's not exactly a genius either.
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Let me tell you something about Andy Serling. This is a guy who hit a nice pick6 that paid $140,000 . He had a partner. Quit his job in the early 90's and tried to make his living playing horses for about 4 years. He was unsuccessful yet remains arrogant and cocky while wrong after wrong race after race.
    He actually has a decent opinion, he is just so completely obnoxious and pays little attention to the most relevant facets of this game, he forces us to hate him.
    Thank you all for posting and please continue. We can all use any and all advice.
    Ben
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I gave out Contessa 's Ziptronic last week when he was mto, ran today in the 10th, Contessa entries run 1--2 and super runs 1/2 over the fav's. Super pays $1.00 over $1,800.00. Pay attention to Contessa entries as he has them ready to roll for late Belmont and early Aqueduct while you can still get a price, unlike inner Aqueduct! Where his entries wil be short! You have been warned!!!
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    John, sharp eye. His barn has been firing on all cylinders despite the average win percentage.
    Hope you had Ziptronic. I used him in the pick 4 but was ko'd in the first leg.
    Til Thursday.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I had both Contessa horses, Ziptronic and Wascally Wabbit, and they run 1st & 2nd, at good prices! I went a little deeper than usual on the super and glad as hell I did! I had $240 into the super but a $3600 return was sweet.

Take a look at PARX today in the 8th & 9th.
    8th-- 1/8---1/8---3/4/5---3/4/5

9th---1/4/7/8/10 super box
    Good Luck!