BC Pre Entries Look Ahead with odds

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Good article, and if scroll down you will see that some people never change.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/breeders-cup-chat/archive/2011/10/18/a-pre-pre-entries-look-at-
breeders-cup-morning-lines.aspx

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm going Flat Out, So You Think (if it's an option), All Baffert's and the filly.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    the mo mounter is back at it
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I'm going Flat Out, So You Think (if it's an option), All Baffert's and the filly.

So You Think ran second in the Champion Stakes over the weekend. Hard to believe that O'Brien would run him back so fast after the Arc and then immediately ship him cross-Atlantic to run in the Classic, but who knows. In any case, it's clear at this point that the Classic would be simply an afterthought for this horse. No way they run him in the Champion between the Arc and the Classic (which themselves are only a month apart), if the Classic was any kind of major goal.
    edited October 2011
    Few off top-

Mile - Courageous Cat 8-1, will drift, worth small play, especially if Goldi has lost a step, as he was getting at her in the past.

Ladies Classic - Zazu 6-1 big if Joel stays put. (Feeling 4-1 is closer)

Classic- Grace, So You Think (Aiden O'Brien 5 for last 10 with G1 runners in US), Anything Baffert. Maybe Flat Out.

Sprint - Euroears is THE bet @ 6-1. Big Drama & Amazombie (BTW congrats on his G1 Billy) & Smiling Tiger to complete decent exacta box.

Dirt Mile - They just want Twirling Candy to fucking win. Most natural ability of horses in training. Sidney's Candy, Trappe, and Jackson might be worth under inclusion.

Juvenile - 6-1 on Drill and I fire big, but I'll also toss in Creative Cause and maybe some Euro stiff or whoever Gomez rides.

F&M Turf - Cozi Rosie (SP?) has a shot at a big price, and when she stretches out that stride, oh boy it's nice.

Turf - Some Euro

I'm gonna really on you guys for the other races...

Feel free to move this if somebody starts a breeders cup thread.
    edited October 2011
    Agree that Euroears might offer some good value coming off the debacle @ Belmont where he got taken out at the start. Still worried about he and The Factor hooking up early in the same race though. Can't imagine that would be in Baffert's best interest, especially after The Factor just got cooked in a speed duel in the Bing Crosby and finished off the board. Still think there's some chance The Factor might head to the Dirt Mile instead of the Sprint. We shall see.
    edited October 2011
    So You Think is very good, had he won the Champions or Arc he wouldn't be here. They paid a fucking fortune so they need a big win for stud value. It's not really a gamble - pretty easy field and very viable excuse if he gets trounced.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Agree, nothing to lose with SO YOU THINK. Surface switch, travel, quarantine, and countless other negative factors should make him the best bet in the field. At this point, I don't know if I will use him, but if you get a chance, pull up a picture of this monster on the internet and take a look. Might be the best looking horse flesh I have seen in a long time, other than HDG.
    edited October 2011
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    DC,
    Thanks for the article and picture. If someone is more computer savy than I,( and who isn't?) there is a action pic posted on Horseracingnation, and you just can't believe how good this one looks. If anyone knows how to copy and paste this photo, please do so!