Fantastic prop @ Caesars/Harrah's

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Maybe you guys can find this online; i highly doubt that Caesars came up with it themselves (Vegas books copy most everything from offshore)

Uncle Mo + Goldikova + Big Drama total combined wins

UNDER 1.5 (-110)

-110 is what i laid; believe it or not it was actually +105 on the sheet (somebody else beat me to it). Anyway, this thing could realistically be priced in the -300 area, perhaps even higher.

First off, it's clearly a fantastic bet on it's on merits, but it becomes even stronger once you consider that the three horses in question are competing in seperate races that are spaced pretty far apart timewise, so you will always know exactly where you stand in the bet, and be able to consider your options. For instance, if Big Drama (who runs first) happens to lose (and i figure he's around 80% to do so), then the only way you could possibly lose the wager is if Goldikova and Uncle Mo both win. If Goldikova loses (and fwiw, i spotted her the win), you've already won the bet, but if she does win, you're then getting -110 on Uncle Mo not winning the Classic. I'm guessing you can do something with that, lol.

You could even afford throw a few bucks on Big Drama to start things off with a hedge, if you're so inclined. You could even bet Goldikova to win in the middle leg (you would need to if Big Drama wins), and have a pretty strong chance at cashing both tickets (assuming Big Drama had already lost). Basically, it would be very difficult to lose any money on this prop if you're willing to hedge a little. This is about as close to free money as it gets...

Comments

• donniepdonniep Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    As far as hedging, another way would be, IF Big Drama loses the 1st leg, then you could play Goldi and Uncle Mo in a double.
  • donniepdonniep Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    then you could bet the under 1.5 110 to win 100. Then bet $20 on the 3 round robin two-horse win parlays that can beat you. They would pay in the neighborhood of 8-1. So you would win between $40-$50 no matter the outcome. Of course, if all three horses came in, you'd be up $130! Good Luck!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the hedging tips. I ended up not having to hedge at all though. If Goldikova had won, i would've put a few dollars on Uncle Mo in the Classic (much as i would've hated to do it).