Drill to the Delta Jackpot?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I think he just now crossed the finish line @ Churchill.

Delta Downs: Drill, Jake Mo pre-entered for Delta Downs Jackpot | Daily Racing Form

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    isnt it graded dc....maybe a easy way to pick up some graded earnings...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    agree
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I guess so. He already won the Del Mar Futurity though, in addition to running second in the Norfolk. I think it's probably more of a cash-grab than anything else.

Btw, Drill was my pick in the Juvenile, in fact I thought he was one of the best plays on the entire two-day card. He didn't have the best of trips, but I was certainly expecting a better effort from him. Obviously, the field will be softer @ Delta, and probably smaller as well (hopefully alleviating some traffic issues). I was kind of surprised to see that he was pre-entered though.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Doubt he runs. And doubt it's a cash grab - the connections are first class types trying to waste money and win g1's.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Yeah. Maybe this is just a cash grab. DC, they're already in the derby by earnings right? I can't figure it out if they're already good. This race is is a demolition derby of low level stakes horses and bad jockeys competing for too much cash, and a Derby berth. Possible the track paid them? Maybe he's on edge needs a run? Beats the F outta me.