Comments

• togaburnsytogaburnsy Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    i sort of disagree with alot of his article....in the classic game on dude ran a great race...he was a contender and his race was no flop. hansen ran ok for a horse stretching out and showed alot of guts holding off union rags...but these guys are stuck on numbers. uncle mo has talent but hes no classic horse...they retired him because hes not the same horse that he once was and he was probably a miler...he folded at distances over a mile and a sixteenth.......you have to win a couple to have more talent than everyone else. again, he can't get over the big numbers uncle mo put up as a 2yo...as a 3yo he put up one big, suspect number in the slop against 3 other horses and the best other horse in the race (jackson bend) was a one run closer. the biggest race uncle mo could of won next year was probably the met mile and thats if he stayed healthy...which in his case is a big "if". i do agree that the maanagement of uncle mo by a so called brilliant trainer was terrible...you can tell who wears the pants in that stable and its repole. i'm no horse trainer but many people knew that running uncle mo in the classic was probably dream land fodder.