Churchill Downs Thurs Race 8

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
#8 CYPRESS ISLE, 4-1
No big price here, and don't think you will get 4-1 because word is out, but Calvin takes the mount here over #9, which is trained by his brother Cecil. Everyone and their dog will play this one, but you have to believe that this Clark Hanna trained is very live for Calvin to jump ship on bro Cecil!
I'm playing him big, and key in exotics with 8 over 1/2/9.

My Aqueduct pick-6 goes like this for $96.00
1/15
5/7/8
12, although alum pad bothers me a little?
3/4/6/8
11/14

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
PS:
Laurel 8th, #4 Glackety, 5-1, and using a ex bx 4/9/12 and a tri box 2/4/9/12

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Have you ever had that certain feeling that you knew how the race would end?

Hollywood 3rd
    large trifecta 1/5---1/5---7

Let's get lucky!!!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    #8 CYPRESS ISLE, 4-1
    No big price here, and don't think you will get 4-1 because word is out, but Calvin takes the mount here over #9, which is trained by his brother Cecil. Everyone and their dog will play this one, but you have to believe that this Clark Hanna trained is very live for Calvin to jump ship on bro Cecil!
    I'm playing him big, and key in exotics with 8 over 1/2/9.

My Aqueduct pick-6 goes like this for $96.00
    1/15
    5/7/8
    12, although alum pad bothers me a little?
    3/4/6/8
    11/14

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    PS:
    Laurel 8th, #4 Glackety, 5-1, and using a ex bx 4/9/12 and a tri box 2/4/9/12

John throw in the 6 - Yanbian Express at CH for a big price in exotics.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Not bad for a chalk player, gave this one out and Kettle Corn and all is quiet in the house. I guess I don't have to start looking for a day job as I made my mortgage paymet for December. Oh by the way I made my mortgage payment for the year with Afleet Again in the Marathon on BC day and he also capped off my chalk way of winning the Handicapping contest at Gradeoneracing for a huge free oaks/derby trip. Below is the article on the site!!!!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________

All results have been tabulated.

The first prize winner in the Grand Prize Award Division, is:

Ken Schmitt, who scored 1830 points, which was 450 more than the next best tally. Congratulations Ken!

Ken won a great trip for two to the 2012 Kentucky Derby that includes air fare, hotel, admission and seats for Oaks and Derby Day, plus some useful betting money!

The 19 other prize winners will be listed here when I get back to home base in Las Vegas, on Tuesday Nov. 22 . Am traveling, visiting friends, doing some recruiting etc. In the meantime, Lynn Snierson, who coordinates Contest Notifications for this site, will be sending out personal E-mails to all 20 prize winners.

All the Best/Steve Davidowitz

Comments / Discussion
    Post a New Comment
    Edit Comment | Delete Comment fbwinners on Thursday November 10th at 9:22 am
    Thanks Steve!!! You all do a tremendous job with the site and it's very much appreciated on my end.

Regards, Ken

Racingwithbruno on Friday November 11th at 6:53 am
    Congrats Ken, great handicapping, you have had quite the year and we will be looking forward to meeting you at Derby 2012. All the best from Molly Jo and Bruno.

Edit Comment | Delete Comment fbwinners on Friday November 11th at 12:59 pm
    Thanks MJ and Bruno and it will be a pleasure meeting you all as well. Remember if you all try to get down the Fairgrounds this coming meet give me a heads up and I will try to take care of you all.

Regards, Ken